Saturday 19 July 2014

Painting Walls and Watching Lightning (or was it the other way round)




So what did I do today, I painted a bit and pondered a bit and turned all our computers on and off a lot due to the passing rumbling of thunder. Thunder in itself is not an issue but the lighting is; the computers here are old and a bit battered and a bolt of lightning would not do them any good whatsoever.   It is interesting that lightning is so damn noisy, why does that happen, sure there is a lot of electricity, but electricity is not normally noisy unless it is attached to say a large PA system a couple of miles away in the Castle of the Bishop. As is the case tonight meaning as the wind drifts in our direction so the distorted sounds of music float across the hill and through the trees. Interestingly these sounds can counteract each other and if the electricity of the lightning and the electricity of the loud PA system were to meet the result would be silence, possibly after a bit of a bang and a bit of a scream.  


I have also loosened the screws on a door and have done a small plastering repair job, it is good to do these little things, in fact I think when I look at the bigger picture of the world at present it is clear that the one thing I have control of (OK maybe not total control of) is what colour the walls are.  The world is a bittersweet place at present and there is a lot of anger, hate, war and sadness and I am lucky that I can change the colour of our walls and outwit Zombies, Aliens and Pirates in the woods.  I wish you all well and hope you also get to paint the walls the colours you like.

Please note the British spelling of colour not that odd American one.

5 comments:

  1. An easy way to get different colored walls is to wear tinted lens in eyeglasses. I like your ship & waves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel we need tinted eyeglasses to look at life at present. Sometimes the world is not a nice place. . . But I guess one could argue that it is only the bad in the news and somewhere there are many goods thing happening too.

      Delete
  2. That there is a nice looking vessel! We had a power cut at stupid o'clock this morning and for some reason the hot water went off again in the shower block.

    Luckily it was my day (and night) off for a change so somebody else had to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cold showers are good for you (when I say you I refer to the campers not you; or me for that matter).

      A day off you decadent chap

      Delete