Wednesday 8 April 2020

An A to Z Coronavirus observational guide. . . G


G

Going Stir Crazy and Going Solo.


We are not allowed out unless we need to go out to get stuff like food, food for pets, medications or stuff that is classed as jolly important. So a trip to the beach with the kids will now be frowned on and you will be told off and possibly fined. Although that may vary depending on which country you live in. So if you do need to go out the best way to do this is alone, keep your head down, as in the well-known saying. You don’t physically need to keep your head down. I mean driving would be very tricky. Anyway back to the point. Yes keep your head down and don’t talk to folk unless you need to and keep some distance between yourself and, to put it bluntly Everyone.

It is still early days in the world lockdown where everyone would prefer it if everyone else stayed at home. However everyone staying at home is making everyone go stir crazy. And folk are doing all sort of things to avoid going mad. If you are lucky enough to have a garden as I do then it may well end up as a show garden unless you have kids and dogs then it will be trashed. Making stuff is good and folk will be writing that novel they have been planning to do for the last twenty years or making cakes the shapes of popular building and the like.

Snail Racing is fun on a warm evening. Stick a number on half a dozen snails and put them in the centre of a circle marked out on the ground. Pick your favourite and make a small bet with either the family or the dog. If you’re really keen do live racing online and make your fortune. Just remember if you do make your fortune I helped with the idea and a small gift (no too small and in cash not snails) would not be refused.





6 comments:

  1. We are certainly learning thankfulness and patience during our corona loneliness vacation. I have really enjoyed studying virology, collecting corona data to plot per capita data, which shows Texas is doing a very good job compared to the rest of the country. It is kinda nice to live in the middle of nowhere rural Texas, or at least I can see the middle of absolutely nowhere with binoculars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think living in more rural locations makes it much safer. I would hate to live in the centre of a city right now. Having a fairly large garden is helping too as it allows us to get outside and enjoy fresh air. I can't see that far from here but I can see many trees and listen to the birds.

      I know you like data and Covid-19 certainly is producing a lot of that. Take Care and keep your head down Mr ESB.

      Delete
  2. Your surreal landscape picture reminded me of one of my favorite artists and his landscape works, Grant Wood, especially his 'Stone City Iowa'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont know the artist I will look him up tomorrow. Its strange that I seem to be doing more right now even though I can't really go very far. . . I do need to do more art, but life threw a few things at us and so it all went on hold. However we are OK and hope to remain OK.

      Delete
  3. Haha, great idea! I can just imagine a snail race ;D Do it on line, and yes, you may earn a lot of money ;))
    But do it only once a week, they have to rest!!
    G is for Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snails will return home like pigeons although dont travel as far. A few years ago I tested this buy numbering twenty of them an taking them a short distance away and then a bit further seeing how they did. Most would return to exactly the same spot as they started. As for racing them I believe they can be a bit fickle and they often fail the drugs tests so get disqualified.

      Delete