Friday 10 April 2020

An A to Z Coronavirus observational guide. . . I


I

Immunisation and Isolation

Well the powers that be are working hard to create a vaccine to protect the masses from Covid-19. So something along the lines of the seasonal flu jab that those classed as at risk get; or are offered each year as winter arrives. After all seasonal flu and colds are all part of the coronavirus family ( I think). Normally this would take rather a long time, after all get it wrong and the vaccine could cause as many issues as the virus and that would not go down well with folk. I did have the flu vaccine once a few years ago and it did not go well I felt rough for months so now I have an alternative solution which seems to work (touch wood as the old saying goes). Not sure how I would feel if I am offered a Covid-19 vaccine, but at present that is unlikely to happen anytime soon.
Isolation, OOOoooooo that’s an odd thing. Because of all this Social Distancing and advice to not leave home those whose live on their own may well be finding themselves in a state of isolation. There are those who will cope but it is much harder to deal with long term. However it should also be remembered that for some very elderly, disabled or those with mental health issues, isolation can be a way of life. So maybe when this is all over we could think about them and try to help. Particularly if you find that after a few weeks you have gone as mad as a box of frogs. Luckily my wife and the garden as keeping me sane and I have re-potted all the house plant now. I had been talking about doing this for ages; it’s a bigger job than you might think too as there are about 100 of them roughly. I am now moving shrubs in the garden while the weather is good.

  I am much luckier than many because of where I am; often we take such things for granted. I suspect we may all end up reassessing what is important once life returns to some sort of normal.



4 comments:

  1. 100 plants is a great number to deal with! I bet your garden is neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The garden is not neat it is very wild and full of wildlife which is great. Our neighbours garden is neat in fact too neat, but she is older than me and very proud of her garden. I muck prefer the wildlife.

      I have just finished watering the plants it is indeed a great number, but thats cool.

      Delete
  2. I am lucky to be in isolation together with my family, so it isn't really isolation at all. This would have been a very different thing indeed if it had struck when I was young and living by myself far from my family! I haven't given my house plants any special attention yet. Maybe when the weather gets just a little warmer and I can take them all outside to work on them.
    Black and White (Words and Pictures)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good time to be with family. Take Care

      Delete