Tuesday 21 April 2020

An A to Z Coronavirus observational guide. . . R


R

Restaurants and Cafes


Well I don’t go out much (OK not at all now) I am rather a unsociable and grumpy sort of a chap. . . Although in a nice way (honest). There was a time many moons ago when I would venture to a music festival and almost look cheery if it was a really good band. However as time has passed I find I am much happier going out for a quiet meal in a decent restaurant or at my favourite location known to all (OK just me) as Big Bills Greasy Fur Ball Café. A place where food is of a quality far beyond the price you pay for it. I think partly because the chap who owns it and cooks all the food is also a very grumpy chap.

But all that has changed now I can’t go out to eat and nor can most folk on the planet at present.  This is sad and for those whose business is a restaurant or café potentially catastrophic. You see under lockdown we are unable to visit to eat, but it is likely that even when lockdown restrictions start to be lifted the chances are places where people go to sit down for a nice meal with friends may remain closed. This is because despite the desire of many governments to get businesses up and running again; those at the back of the queue will be the ones where folk meet socially in groups. Many small cafes and restaurants just do not have the financial resources to survive being shut for any time as most live a hand to mouth existence (no pun intended).  I suspect it will be the end of the road for Big Bills Greasy Fur Ball Café and he and me will both be a bit grumpier.
There will be many changes after Covid-19  . . .  A lot more than people realise

.



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes I think there will be a bit of a shock for many after lockdown finally ends. Things will change but look the same.

      Delete
  2. Everything will be the same, except older, broken, and closed. Everyone will no longer hug or shake hands. I had a dream today where I accidentally shook hands with someone and they were concerned. The person's name is Matt and I haven't seen Matt in maybe 20 years since he moved away. I have alot of bizarre dreams lately. That reminds me, while chatting with my BFF today, I was explaining how the phone had totally messed up guessing what I really meant after I put a space between the a and n of anything, it gave me 'as nothing'. I named that bizarre-tificial intelligence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Mr ESB missing your comments. . . I am not as efficient as I should be. I think my brain is slowly heading in a different direction to the rest of me as I get older, probably due to having been bounced off very hard things in the past.

      Your bizarre-tificial intelligence reminds me of our Alexa thing; we have one in our kitchen and one in our bedroom however the one in the kitchen has been known to ask itself questions for no good reason and then get confused and then tell itself off for talking to itself. I'm not sure they are meant to do that.

      Delete
    2. I completely understand the missing of things. I think the thing I miss the most with the c virus thing is my early morning visits with my best friend. She works at a diner and so are best times to visit is 5 to 7 when there are fewer people and not many people are smoking yet. We get to visit 3 to 4 times a week, but now my wife and I have both been cooking meals and desserts for her, and a few other people too, so that has been great fun. My wife has known her and her family since she was a small child.

      Delete
    3. Sounds like you and your wife are doing a good thing for your friend. Here in the UK it is quite possible that cafes and restaurants may not reopen this year except for takeaways. Which might see many of them vanishing completely.

      The c virus will have some long lasting repercussions that will last for years.

      Delete