Thursday 30 April 2020

An A to Z Coronavirus observational guide. . . Z

Z


Zombies


It is traditional for folk doing the A to Z to end with a swarm of Zombies and it’s a tradition I plan to continue. Now you may say well that’s not right the Coronavirus might be dangerous but it does not turn folk into Zombies. Well that is true but the fact is it is not the virus that will turn you into a Zombie it is the precautions we take to social distance and isolate under lockdown. 


Many can cope OK . . .  I do, I just pretend every day is Sunday, but others don’t? (that's others dont cope rather than others dont pretend everyday is Sunday) I noticed a certain designer fashion business had changed its target market and was doing well selling hoodies and tracksuit bottoms.  This is a slippery road to self-abandonment. I mean who shuffles about aimlessly wearing hoodies and tracksuit bottoms wondering what to do and forming huge queues outside supermarkets. . . . . . . . Well Zombies do. And don’t think I’ll be OK I won’t slide down this slipper road; because this is the new normal. In a years’ time we will have all succumbed to it as our mental resistance is slowly broken down. It is a terrible fate and one that as time passes becomes more likely as the powers that be talk more and more about how things may need to change for many years.


Maybe it’s a diabolical plan by those in power to finally supresses the masses. And on that cheery note it is time to End the A to Z of 2020 . . . . . . Thank you for reading





It wont get Me

8 comments:

  1. Rob,

    First time visitor...at least for this round of A2Z but won't be the last. I've fallen down on this year's challenge. I haven't done near the near blog discovery hop as years past and recently gotten behind on replies on my site and doing return visits but I'll get catch up eventually. Anywho, congrats on finishing up another April A to Z! I have no plans to be a zombie, either. My day-to-day activity hasn't change much except DH is working from home and while I love having him here it does impact what I need/want to do. That's fine. This is all temporary and I'll enjoy having him around for as long as I can which is for now until June. Great way to round out the A to Z Challenge with Zombie. I didn't go this route as it wasn't a word workable for my Cathy's Pinup Girl Art Sketch Series which I hope if you get the opportunity that you'll stop by today to check out my 'Z' post. Anywho, I need to zoom away to get some things done. Stay well and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will visit in a couple of days now that I can relax a bit and chill after the A to Z. . . .Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Some people seem to be protesting in the hopes of becoming zombies. ;)

    Great work with this post and excellent job of getting to z.

    I hope you and yours are staying safe and healthy during this difficult time.

    J Lenni Dorner~ Co-host of the #AtoZchallenge, Debut Author Interviewer, Reference& Speculative Fiction Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are safe in our house here. One advantage of rural life is its easier to avoid folk.

      And it is always good to reach Z.

      Delete
  3. Well, you made it to Z before the zombies got you, and that's worth celebrating. Hang in there!
    Black and White (Words and Pictures)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOOOoooooo I do feel a bit Zombie-ish it seems like ages since I had a chilled trip out for a day in the sun.

      Delete
  4. Great, you just ended your challenge as you start it, with a lot of optimism and happiness ;)) I enjoyed reading your thought during this month, life is indeed not easy these days, but sun is always shining (well, maybe a little less in England ;D)!
    Stay safe, and take care
    Z is for Zakka

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretending it to be Sunday. But I have work days that identify the day. On the whole, I think many have adopted well to the staying at home situation. Let us motivate all to stay safe and still do from home what they can to keep the economy moving.

    Congratulations for successful A to Z Blogging.

    A to Z 2020 Blogging Series: What is Industrial Engineering? What is its Practice in Top Global Manufacturing Companies?

    What industrial engineers do? They continuously strive to reduce the cost of items that people love to use and thus increase its affordability to more and more people.

    ReplyDelete