Tuesday 7 April 2020

An A to Z Coronavirus observational guide. . . F


F

False and Fake

There are many false and fake remedies and misinformation on ways to avoid Covid-19 to be found on social media (as there are about most things really). But Covid-19 has brought with it fear and that means folk are a bit more inclined to try stuff just on the off chance it might work. So stuff like drinking warm water, holding your breath, stroking seagulls and washing your hands in cows urine. That last one apparently is popular in India I believe, but then many of them have bonds with cows. Here in the West folk chasing cows around fields to try and get cows urine would just look odd and anyway we are not meant to be out in fields at present.

I think we need to remember that Covid-19 is a new strain of coronavirus and even science is playing catch up. So Mrs Jones who used to run the local shop who has a friend who has this clever little trick with pickled stick insects and cured herself in 24 hrs is probably either just making stuff up or is a bit mad.

Curiously my wife and I were told of something we could try about two years ago by a nurse who was told it by a little old lady a few years before that as a way to avoid colds and flu. We have done it now for two winters and it has worked, so we hope it will help now. But I am not going to tell folk what it is otherwise I will not be able to get what it is I need and anyway I don’t want folk thinking I’m mad too like Mrs Jones and her friend.
 



4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I can see the picture of people chasing cows, so fun!! Ok, so keep your secret ;) Anyway, this is not the flu...
    Stay safe

    F is for Free motion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well not the flu, but they are all part of one big happy family of virus (Or So I believe if I have read the correct information) . . . . I struggled for years with seasonal flu and I am quite pleased that I now have a solution that appears to work so I dont mind if it seems a bit mad. But probably best I do not tell the world just in case the world thinks we'll try that too.

      OK unlikely as I only have about three regular readers and they think I'm mad. I'm not I'm just a ordinary chap keeping his head down (even more so now) . . . . .

      Delete
  2. Corona virus has that name for what reason ... because it looks like a crown when viewed by an electron microscope.

    ReplyDelete