Wednesday 29 April 2020

An A to Z Coronavirus observational guide. . . Y


Y

Youth and the Young


Well one of the things that seems to be the case with Covid-19 is that you are likely to deal with the Coronavirus much better physically if you are younger. This may seem fairly logic but viruses can be fickle things and there have been some where the young are more vulnerable. In this case it is probably for the best that they do cope better physically as younger folk tend to think of themselves as invincible which they are not.


The problem though is that although the young cope with Covid-19 better than the old they do not cope with social distancing and lockdown as well.  I mean when I was young I had the whole world out there at my fingertips.  OK I started an apprenticeship in Engineering when I left school and swotted a bit which ironically was something I did not do at school. But this was a life choice by me; someone in the same position now finds themselves confined to home with few options. Even going to school or college is not an option at present so being young in lockdown I suspect for many is extremely stressful mentally. For younger children, well a lot of them just dont understand whats happening or why they cant see their pals. . . . (I may include myself in that, because at some point we will have to abandon lockdown and take our chances) 


Well I noticed on the news tonight that there is concern for young children as several in recent days have been having severe symptoms that may be linked to Covid-19 which has resulted in them being in hospital and in a fairly poorly way. This appears to be a new twist in the continuing story of this virus.  




Folk thought I was a bit odd in my youth.


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think I might choose a more upbeat and happy idea for next years A to Z.

      Delete
  2. Rob,

    This virus is striking people of all ages - young, in-between, and old alike. No discrimination going on here, I can tell ya. It's a good thing I'm pretty much a homebody, so social distancing doesn't bother me.

    ReplyDelete