Wednesday 7 August 2013

Uncle George and the beast of the Curry

I am having a quite type before we run off for a curry with Mr Charlie and Miss Jane in Monty, although by the time you read this I will have eaten the curry and returned home. If  by any chance you are reading the paperback edition purchased for a few small coins in a second hand book shop in a small back street, run by a strange old man who could be anyone including me or the Ghost Writer, then that particular curry has long been gone and forgotten about. Well I say that, but should some sort of curry critter emerge from the depths of the curry with claws and snappy teeth growling it is likely the curry will not be forgotten about quickly.

Uncle George

 However at this point in time I am uncertain which of these two options is likely to occur, although I have a suspicion as to which is more likely based on the law of averages and some knowledge of curry construction.

The Ghost Writer and I moved loads of stuff today from his old office which now looks like it has been burgled, I said it would be the ideal time to burgle the office as no one would notice, although it has nothing worth running off with left in it. But I did get a desk and a thing. Amazingly while I was away Uncle George turned up which was a serious shock to everyone because Uncle George has been dead for two years. It means though that we can’t ask him what he has been up too for the last two years because to put it bluntly Uncle George is a pile of ash. Everyone thought he was lost out in the outback down in Australia and although he had said he was planning to return to Britain at some point no one could have guessed that the poor old postman would have to pore him through the letterbox. It is a wonder he made it through customs and was not confiscated for being an illegal substance.



I have returned from the curry and sadly no critters leapt out of it, but it did taste really good. The waiter said he came from Birmingham; he seemed a chirpy chap but was unable to explain why my curry did not contain critters with pointy teeth and snappy claws. Apparently this is far from normal in the Indian restaurants of Birmingham, but he has said he will mention it too them when he is next there maybe I will start a trend………

7 comments:

  1. It is veRy easy to put an end to a trend mainly because trend is 68.6 percent end. Now, you might think that end being 3 letters and trend being 5 letters that it would calculate out to 60 percent but I did an approximate linear length of each letter. When I get to a PC then I can do a more accurate measurement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed the tr do look a bit thin maybe I should have wrote TRend....... HAH HAHH HAH ha hah aha ha ha hahha

      Delete
  2. I think I saw your uncle George the other. Does he like to hang around in cat litter trays? If so, I think I know what he's been up to, but I'm afraid he may have disappointed himself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I meant to type "the other day", but my brain...

      Delete
    2. Uncle George remained entirely impassive when I told him of your joke, it is as if he did not hear. I think he may be a little deaf and being sealed in a box does not help.

      Delete
  3. Birmingham, of course...birthplace of the curry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes indeed and it explains why our local Indian is rather good they originate from Birmingham . . . . WELL COOL.

      Delete