Wednesday 8 May 2019

Let Them Make Bread . . . . . .

(8...)


Damn its wet today, On the bright side I am glad I cut the grass yesterday as it now means it can go . . . . . .OOOOoooooo rain lets grow really fast . . . . . It also meant I spent this morning making bread as a chap is inclined to do bearing in mind I can make two things, Bread and Ginger Biscuits.  . . . (OOooo and Arty things)
The cats are sulking they don’t really like rain much either, and the House Martins who I forgot to mention yesterday turned up for the first time seem to be sulking also. It’s a long way from Africa to arrive just in time to find the rain has started.
Pesky Rain.

Actually as I type I can see a hint of sun, but it’s really wet so I still can’t get the roof of the workshop felted yet.
My wife received a phone call today to say her new glasses are now ready so we can go and collect them in the next few days. I have told her she will now see the handsome sophisticated me in all my glory once again, but she rolled about on the floor in hysterics pointing and saying I am mad and dishevelled  . . . Well I was very surprised I was not expecting a compliment.

Right I plan to wander about a bit and be the man of the house and look important in order to keep those cats in their place on the pecking order.

I may return later . . . . . or may not

OK I have but I have to admit I have not done a lot. Well it has been damp and grey so it is not really the sort of day folk get bouncy and enthusiastic in.





Todays Homemade Bread

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, that bread looks good. Not in our current WOE (way of eating). We're doing the low carb thing, hubby has lost 40 pounds and I've lost almost 30. But that looks so good!

    DB McNicol
    author, traveler, shutterbug
    Author Blog
    Personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on losing the weight. I lost about 20 pounds about a year ago and seem to be fairly stable at 91 Kilo (200 pounds) now, but I am 6ft 1 inch and a bit so probably not too far away from where I should be. And I am getting old these days. I would be happy to be at about 87 kilo but then I make bread so I may never get there.

      Apparently the thing to do is get a piece of string the same length as your height fold it in half and if you wrap it round your stomach and the ends touch then you are OK . . . I can do that so I am happy.

      Delete