Tuesday 21 May 2019

A rather boring day for the readers of my Diary . . . Sorry.






You are probably thinking . . . . . Hang On this diary thing . . . . Back in the past loads of stuff happened and now it’s dead boring . . . .  Well that is a bit true; it is not the diary it used to be. Part of the reason at present is my continued work on Shed Two (My workshop) and the reason I am working away on that a great deal is due to the weather. It has been lovely over the last few days. Lovely to the point where our daughter phoned us up from her home just a couple of miles away on the Welsh side of the border to say how horrid the rain was. At the time we were sitting outside in the sun drinking tea and chilling. A short break from shed work.

I will admit I did fire up the old weather machine on the off chance it might finally do something useful and not cause hurricanes again. So maybe it might just be doing what it was always meant to do, make it sunny.   

Anyway shed two slowly develops. One aspect of designing and building buildings without any design whatsoever is things can develop in ways that you never thought they might. I do wonder if going back in time folk just built stuff and the key point of any good building was it did not fall down. It does mean they can become quite interesting as you ponder ways to resolve an issue that you had not thought about until three quarters of the roof is finished. And I think Shed Two will be all the better for all the little changes I keep making in order to make it structurally sound and practical in a quirky sort of way. I will then claim I am a Master Builder in the medieval tradition of Master Builders.

There have been a lot of butterflies about lately I suspect that is a good sign. I am not good on butterflies, but I did see a small blue one and a large yellow one earlier as well as the white ones and brownish ones.  . . . My knowledge of plants is a bit like my knowledge of butterflies by the way. . . . . .

Right that’s it . . . . I suspect you are now thinking Well that was rubbish. But it’s a diary so Poo . . . .  (again) . . .




I sometimes draw beasts seen in the garden
but do use a bit of artistic license so no one knows what they are
Including me


6 comments:

  1. We have two, no, three sheds on our property. The first is the common wooden shed that a lot of folks here have (some are metal). Usually for storage, ours has been converted to a woodworking shop for hubby. The second isn't really a shed, it's a horse barn, complete with tack room. Both of these were on the property when we bought the house.

    The third is the big one - it will be hubby's hobby garage where he can work on all our vehicles as well as eventually build/restore cars/trucks. It's extra tall so he can install a lift rather than use a pit. It's built but empty inside until probably next year. Budgetary issues...lol.

    DB McNicol
    author, traveler, shutterbug
    Author Blog
    Personal Blog
    Backend of Nowhere Garage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am assuming that the big shed in Backend to Nowhere Garage blog is your hubbies hobby garage . . . . WOW that is a shed and a half, a chap could maybe have a rock concert in that . . . Very Cool indeed. Having a horse Barn means I assume you also have space for horses if you so desired . . . thats cool also.

      I hope that big shed/garage gets finished OK so good luck with that.

      Delete
    2. Yup, the Backend of Nowhere Garage is all his (when finished, still have to do all the inside work including concrete so things have slowed while we work on the budget).

      We could have horses but don't and at our age don't want them. We thought about renting out the pasture but were concerned with liability issues. We did end up letting a neighbor use the pasture for his cows a couple of times - not the longhorns you saw, just regular cows.https://ourprimeyears.blogspot.com/search/label/cows

      Delete
    3. Well it looks like a great place to live and I can understand that a shed that big needs a big budget but awesome all the same.

      Delete
  2. I like the bug. I like butterflies, too, but I notice they're not nearly as chatty as damselflies. I'm impressed by your building project. I'm not even making much progress on the garden basics this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gardens are fickle beasts, some years they go to plan and others they sort of sneak off and do their own thing. I am working on the principle that a wild garden is an Eco garden. Although I am trying to avoid it getting to the point of so wild I cant find my sheds.

      Delete