Friday 7 June 2013

Seeing a man about a dog, French Fancies and Weddings and MI6

Today has been hot very hot, this is classic British weather not helped by the fact Dad’s weather machine has a jammed transit pin in the precipitated vacuum housing, so the one thing the weather machine can no longer do is precipitate; something I am sure some of you will say is probably for the best.  It has been a funny day of not much happening due to heat but then on the other hand I did not appear to have a lot of time free to not do much in, what with trips to places to see a man about a dog. I was not really seeing a man about a dog, I am using the well known saying to imply I went off to do things that are not very exciting and thought you don’t really want to know all that so I used the old saying . . . . See a man about a dog . . . . Which brings us back to where I started?

I have eaten a couple of French Fancies today (as in Mr Kiplings) and drank tea, I also used a hose pipe to battle some sort of squidgy monster thing that was trying to cross the Zombie defence ditch in the early evening and I ate another French Fancy.



Dad was/is dead pleased today as the solar panels on the roof have generated 27.5 Kilowatts of power, which is enough apparently to bring his half rabbit half android small furry experimental Zombie cute pet with pointy teeth into life for up to two days so a few more days like today and it will be scurrying about the garden just like the real thing (obviously the real one does not have a smoky bottom and sing old music hall songs.

I do have to warn you all that I may not be able to write my diary tomorrow because I am off to a wedding along with the Ghost Writer; it is an old friend of the Ghost Writers daughter who is getting married and the Ghost Writers friend is not keen on weddings. So we are going along to cheer him up and wave at cameras and stand in the wrong place during the official wedding photos so that in years to come people will look at the photo album and say Who are those weird people standing in front of the bride.



Anyway if I am not here tomorrow then you will be reading this still, but at least you know why.


I will return, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon to a cinema near you (sort of).

Ooooooo yes apparently the security forces (MI6, CIA, MI5, FBI and the other one we dont talk about) are all reading my Blog as they say it must be some cunning code........ 


The world is full of interesting blogs some of which sit quietly in the darkest corners of cyberspace  . . . . . . .WAITING

11 comments:

  1. We had thunder this morning in our part of the UK. Give my love to Mr, Kipling , gave up cakes years ago. Now ice cream is a different matter,

    Have a good Saturday.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH yes, I love ice cream too and have been known to combine the two, I am on a sort of odd diet it is that 5-2 diet which is good for the body, (I have been told) but I have a good time on the five days I do eat.......

      I was not aware of thunder in the UK today but I was not in contact with the news and weather much today.

      Delete
  2. Hope the ghost writer's friend recovers from his grumpiness and blesses the newly-weds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are just about to set off on our little wedding adventure. . . . .

      Delete
  3. If you read your blog at a rate of 1.7 words per minute, then then sentence "Dad was/is dead" can be quite disquietning. I think that is the right word. I was confused by another sentence where I think you wanted to use the word 'world' but instead you used the word 'word'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the word, world which was word, but is now world. And I am off to put on a posh jacket and attempt to look tidyish, something that I always feel is not the natural state of man.

      I will however be back and tomorrow I will be a bit more shabby and dishevelled and will smile just a bit more.

      Delete
    2. I am currently zooing it. Enjoyed the wolves, polar bears and the zookeeper petting the bobcat Scooter on his lap.

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your day off. I'm writing this on Saturday so you should having the best of the weather tomorrow/today/yesterday (depending on what time frame you are using to read this comment).
    I'm sure you will have a tale or two to tell us all upon your return! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am back but it is the day after as it would be, I have learnt that I am either about today or the day after today.

      All went well and was as it should be so that is good, but no so good for my diary. I tried to encourage Zombies and the like to eat the guests but it was toooooo hot.

      Delete
  5. Have a great time at the wedding. I hope the sun shines. Did you only eat the pink french fancies? The yellow ones used to be my favourite, if Mr Kipling is still making them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun did shine and I ate all the French Fancies. And he still makes them, although strangely they are getting harder to find.

      Delete