Friday 4 January 2013

A day in the life of a Chicken


After a long stint on top of the Christmas tree in hiding the Chicken has finally got off after he/she was reassured that this was in fact a new world record for a chicken, even if the Guinness book of Records refuses to recognize a new world record for a knitted chicken on top of a Christmas tree. As the chicken says (OK SORT OF) it is not easy to roost on top of a artificial Christmas tree for long periods as there is little to eat, just a few glass balls, an angel, and fairy lights which is hardly ideal food to produce a decent egg.

The day has been remarkably peaceful starting with a bit of pointing and prodding at Tongue and Groove Panelling, then the nodding and shaking of heads and a final AH . . . . . Yes; before we all headed of to see family members who are having a bit of hassle with kitchen cupboards, once there we were all able to point and prod at kitchen cupboard doors then nod and shake our heads while pointing at tape measures and saying AH  . . . . Yes, metric measurements . . . . . . DAMN, we are you see deep down imperial people, and old sayings like ‘give then an inch and they take a yard’ are ruined in metric.



I have noticed that most of the Christmas lights around us have now vanished, we are one of the few houses in the area if not the world that think fairy lights are for life not just for Christmas. Lets face it given a choice of two or three glaring spot lamps on the front of the house or just over three thousand fairy lights, lighting everything up in a nice warm glow; I don’t think it takes a great deal of thought to decide which is the aesthetically more pleasing. Unless of course you are a security guard with a growling dog and you love your job so much you like to patrol your home long into the night on your days off.  Shouting stop who goes there as a bored pensioner with a Pekinese heads off to the park to chase pigeons and annoy the teenagers by sitting on the swings and waving their false teeth at them (that’s the pensioner not the Pekinese).

Oooo I had to unhook a finger from a hook today, it was a homemade hook, I am rather good at making homemade hooks……..

OK enough I am off again now to do other things which will also include eating FOOD  . . . . . YuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmMMMM. 


.

8 comments:

  1. Waving false teeth at passers by is a powerful image. Ans that chicken looks like something off Pipkins. (Probably before your time).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pipkins is sadly long after my time as time is an illusion and I am much older than most of the bloggers blogging. But I do believe there is a theory that states the mind goes backwards beyond a certain point in time . . . . . .PHEW that's lucky

      Delete
  2. I think if a chicken ate a light bulb, it may produce eggs that glow. EspeciaLLy if the chicken is plugged in the power grid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strangly Mr ESB I did think about taking a photo of the chicken with a glowing egg. I will save this idea as a possible option for the future however. . . . . .

      Delete
  3. Why should Guiness get the final word on what is a world record and what isn't? It's a crazy monopoly of epic proportions. Its wrong. Why should the makers of (one of my favourite tipples) be in charge of saying who is the best at something.
    I am a world record holder and I think the chicken should have the record for sitting on top an artificial christmas tree.
    We should produce some sort of RATS award for this and hold ceremonies and have medals and a celebrity patron.
    There! I've said it.
    Lets make it so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK Mr H I am on the case RATs awards will be awarded . . . . I always remember that Roy Castle breaking all sorts of weird records on his TV show with the McWhirter twins who would hold stop watches and clip boards and announce IT IS INDEED A RECORD, just think Mr H if in those days there was 3D television they joys we would all see

      Delete
  4. Pipkins, Roy Castle and the McWhirter Twins, I feel like I've entered a time corridor.

    I too had to unhook my finger from a hook today, so excuse me if I don't make much sense but the ensuing blood loss is causing me to %^&^%U*HJnj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily for me at least the finger I had to unhook from a hook was not my finger and therefore the blood was not mine. I hope your finger will recover soon, it appears the other finger is also recovering OK. Welcome to 2013 Miss Lily

      Delete