Thursday 23 February 2012

A story of 200 words (think of this as The Potters Wheel)


I am just pointing out to those of you who follow me in cyberspace this little story is a story as part of some sort of competition it is not tonight's diary entry I still have to do that HO HUM anyway here it is a little story 200 words long and starting with Shadows crept across the wall ......ending in everything faded .............. and mentioning the word Orange? 




Shadows crept across the wall, they were round vague, I could hear little at first then thud thud thud thud it continued until I decided to investigate. But it was dark I had been sleeping and the shadows were the result of something in the kitchen. I could hear whispers and small feet moving about. As I entered the kitchen I found the cats trying to juggle Oranges, I’ve told them not to do that, but encouraged by the dog and the lemmings of Petrograd and the Banshees from the woods they were entertaining.  Cats are not good at juggling and so the oranges were rolling along the table and falling off the side onto an old Orange box (that’s a box painted orange not a box with more oranges in).

They had the fridge open to back light their stage, the kitchen table and the dog was helping himself to cold beer and even offering it to the lemmings of Petrograd, lemmings are a bit rowdy after a few beers and I thought I better close and padlock the fridge which I did very slowly and as the door closed, I said show over and everyone and  everything faded.........

21 comments:

  1. I used a word count online tool, and it said there were 202 words. Do you get points taken off for going over? I don't know how inaccurate the tool is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well my Bill Gates inspired Word counter said two hundred so what ever it really was in my mind it was two hundred words. But well it does not matter as it a just a small distraction from the greater plan (or Blog). Although I think I will be thrown out of the story thing group for even if I did use 202 words left to wander the dark valleys of cyberspace for ever mocked by the masses and ridiculed for not be able to count.

      As the Lemmings of Petrograd would say IT'S A LEAP YEAR YAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

      Delete
    2. I manually counted it for you in groups of five and your Bill Gates is the better counter, maybe thats why he is a bazillionaire(?) Congratulations!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Cats can't leave those oranges alone, can they? I know I'd freak out if I happened on a scene like that in my kitchen (especially since I have no cats). Nice one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your comment. You are as the saying goes A king amongst men (when I say A King I mean D P King)...

      Delete
  3. LOVE IT!

    It's when the dogs start play Bugle with the bananas, that you'd better worry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo Miss Lily I am spreading my tentacles (I had to watch the spell checker there just in case) a bit further into cyberspace it is what Strange Alien Mushroom Creatures from Venus do. Not that I am a Strange Alien Mushroom Creature from Venus but as I have a box of them here at present, they are sort of insisting and I feel I really should do my bit to get more aliens and juggling cats in cyberspace

      Be good Take care

      Delete
  4. Fun and imaginative! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this little challenge weaved itself rather easily into the fabric of my blog. And by shear luck I typed something out and it was 200 words long. The hard bit is proof reading it and spelling everything correctly. I always go back the next day and think WHAT ??????

      Delete
  5. Fun, light - a welcome relief from most of the entries in this challenge (including mine!). Watch those sentences, though. Grammar matters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I am doomed if Grammar matters as I just sit and start typing without a clue normally as to what will happen. I still have not worked out a way of proof reading my own stuff, and I am the eccentric CHILD of cyberspace so "ITS NOT MY FAULT THE DOG DID IT".

      The Ghost Writer is a mad old Artist and IT Guru so he is no help either, but i will work on it (a bit).

      Delete
  6. How fun! I must say I didn't expect those cats to be juggling oranges (nice use of the word, by the way)! :)

    I'm entry #207.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks .... The cats tend to Juggle mice a lot but are not so good with oranges, not so easy to get their claws into and they don't squeak much (the oranges that is). Really it was just an extension of what I write most days as part of my daily diary in the rolling hills on the borders of England and Wales. I will be good and go and read yours now.

      Delete
  7. I notice there are a few deaths in the stories but very few lemmings MMMmmmmmmmm I may be on the wrong track

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quirky and fun, thanks for sharing in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks life is full of little challenges at least this one was a bit of fun for all involved.

      Delete
  9. Thanks ....... I fear yours may be the last comment here now as we have reached the single word options now.

    I will keep my eye out for the next challange (when I say out I dont mean outside in the yard)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a pretty trippy tale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No No don't do anything trippy, well I go to the shops

      Delete