Monday 13 February 2012

David Attenborough and the Mountain Gorillas + Eskimos and white snow


I went and waited for the school bus this morning as you do, only after a while of it not turning up, I returned home to be told it was the half term holiday. I do wish everyone would tell me before I go and wait for the bus, and Mum always says IDIOT when I get home. We also had to play scissors, paper, stone again to see who was going to paint the kitchen unit doors. And as most will know by now I lost (again). The plan was to paint them all raspberry coloured but we are on plan B now which is to paint the wall units white and the base unit’s raspberry.

So I have been painting wall units white.  We never really do white in our house because it is too white (just to clarify that white is too white, the house is not white), and we don’t really do nearly white or the so called shades of white that paint companies say are very exciting. Normally I would say that paint companies are IDIOTS to say there are shades of white but Eskimos have loads of words for white as they do for snow, so they would know about stuff like that. What does go through my mind though is if they do have loads of words for snow and white a translation of a long Eskimo conversation into English might end up as White white white white snow white snow snow snow white white white white snow snow snow seal snow snow white white  white white white snow white snow snow snow white white snow snow snow snow white and the seven dwarf seals AH HA ahh ah hahah ahhah hah hahha hahh hahhha ha ha ha ha hah hah hahahh hah ……….. WHITE MAN PAINTS all rooms in his house white …. IDIOT.

I have stopped painting now, to tell the truth logically that is rather simple to deduce because I am writing my diary. I had planned to go and explore with the dog along the side of the fabled Minor Stream of In-consequence but it is rather cold and drizzly so I haven’t.

I am being watched as I am writing this but this time I can prove it as luckily I have the camera to hand although I do need to take the picture through the double glazing. Something most wildlife photographers don’t have a problem with. You seldom see that David Attenborough whispering next to a UPVC double glazing unit discussing the Mountain Gorillas squeegee technique (YUK).

Luckily he is safe now as shooting season is over. 
  
.

8 comments:

  1. Over the border it would be a wyn wyn situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y Ddraig Goch ddyry gychwyn (OK I had to look that up because my Welsh is rubbish) and it has nothing to do with Wyn. OK it might; there are a lot of Wyn's and one of them might have had a fight with the beast in a pub on a Saturday night after a few beers, When the national team are in form, as it appears to be at present as they are all set to Win a cup (all being well).

      That Cyberspace is full of rubbish (me) just like space space (not me)....

      Delete
    2. "The flag shall give the start" ?

      Delete
    3. I am confused, when I do Y Ddraig by itself I get "The Dragon"

      Delete
    4. The red dragon will show the way..... I think you are too far away from Wales and so your query is lost in the huge maze of cyberspace so that only a few electrons are left by the time it reaches this part of the world resulting in a confused answer.

      I have noticed myself that if you google something on one PC it will give different results to the same thing googled on a different PC ????

      Delete
  2. I believe that even though the Internet doesn't work that way, you are 100% correct. Somedays you are zing and other days amazing, how do you do it? Remarkable. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that I just got finshed reading the wikipedia article about Johnny Carson and I need a grilled chiggen sanbwhich width backon. Uh-oh, it appears that my long distance connection is breaking up as you so accurately predicted. Its those weak cheap electrons they use now days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although I would like to be either zing or amazing I am sadly neither. I think my brain has been infiltrated by some of the weak cheap electrons and so I am merely a rambling fool who knows a little about a lot.

      Delete
  3. When I was in the kitchen a little later I realized that I had left out a word. I meant to say maze, zing and amazing, three choices instead of two.

    ReplyDelete