Friday 24 May 2013

Cyberblogamus the Micro God of Blogs


The Weather today is cold, sometimes a bit sunny with some hail and rain. So not a great day really as it feels I have time warped back to February. I am in the process of creating and establishing a series of Micro Gods in the school grounds to get feedback as to the viability of making my fortune as the Mr Big of Micro Gods. My attempted meeting with the powers that be in Lego started badly when they saw me went AAAAuugggHHHH a lot and threw bricks at me (luckily they were Lego bricks) . It ended badly as well, as the chairman’s desk which I swear was a bit wobbly before I touched it fell apart and then the chairman’s arm fell off, I always thought Meccano was much better using nuts and bolts, lets face it Frankenstein’s Monster was held together with bolts and his arm never fell off. Just image if  Frankenstein’s Monster had been made with Lego, poor old Professor Frankenstein would have been a laughing stock.




Sorry a slight distraction, I have made the school mascot, the goat the Micro God of unsociable animals, Freddie the Micro God of Ferrets and Esmeralda the Micro God of part Steam Powered scary girls with chainsaw attachments. They all seem very pleased but the goat is demanding a shrine and offerings, in particular chocolate chip cookies and ice cream plus fresh vegetables from the out of town supermarket, maybe living Micro Gods is not such a good move.


We are off out tonight to a talk in Monty town hall about artists from the area and to see one of the founders of the 56 Group; a group of artists formed in 1956 and who are now starting to be collected nationally. We are hoping Mr M E will have a signed copy of his book for us tonight so that will be WELL COOL.  We have a couple of his pictures in the house and have known him for quite a long time now, he is getting rather frail these days but then he is one of the founder members of the 56 Group, so mathematically that makes a lot of sense.

And I have drawn Cyberblogamus the Micro God of Blogs in order to bring good luck and fortune to my blog, although someone said that very nice Steven Spielberg is not keen on snakes . . . . . . . .  DAMN . . . . . . Maybe I should make it look more horse like.   

10 comments:

  1. Did SS put snakes in RotLA?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo Mr ESB you are scrambling my simple brain again. If the answer to this is easy I will look a right IDIOT.

      What I need is a Micro God of intelligence, I am going to go off and scratch my head loads now.

      Delete
    2. I am indeed an IDIOT Mr ESB, it was staring me in the face all along, we are talking pits and at least two snakes and Noah and a pair of lions and a pair of Unicorns and the Staff of Ra.

      I got confused by the bread of the same name.

      That Cyberblogamus the Micro God of Blogs actually works PHEW.

      Delete
    3. Oh, I was going for "Did Steven Spielberg put snakes in Raiders of the Lost Ark?"

      Delete
  2. Maybe I'll start worshipping Cyberblogamus the Micro God of Blogs. I could do with more topics for posts, he might have some good ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well these Micro Gods are ideal for such things, I will consider drawing the Micro God of IKEA's (sorry ideas).

      I hope you are well Miss Laura.

      Delete
  3. You writing of Frankenstein the author Mary Shelley wife of Percy Byshee Shelley had a son also called Percy, well in the 1800s he bought the land the house I have an apartment . Also along the road he also bought a manor which all the famous poets and authors of the day visited.
    It has now been renovated into my doctor's health centre called Shelley Manor.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems strange that a health centre would have a connection to a mad experiment to create life that ends rather sadly when it all goes wrong.

      As long as the receptionist is not called Igor I think you will be OK.

      Delete
  4. Rob,

    Ah yes, a Frankenstein monster made of Lego. You could have an exhibit at Lego Land.

    I'm glad to you've made the school mascot. Did you apply for the job of mascot. Sorry, I've got that wrong. Your art should be on display in the Tate Modern. You'd be mega-rich.

    Here's to some sunshine over the long weekend. Not much fun being stuck in February.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly I have never thought art should be used to make loads of money, money has a habit of messing stuff up. Although having enough to tick over and avoid stress is useful.

      I believe we are due some sun, I will have to draw a Micro God out in the sun to ensure it remains nice.

      Delete