Monday 11 May 2020

The Coronavirus observational guide . . .




Last night our leader Mr Boris Johnson the Prime Minister gave his grand speech. I had not planned to listen to it, but fate took a hand as fate is inclined to do and I got to listen to it live on the radio. It was not a proper radio but one of those Alexa things as radio reception here is a bit dodgy.  Now as speeches go it would not be unfair to point out it was not one of his best; it was muddled and confused and he rambled a lot. I should point out that I’m generally muddled and confused and ramble most of the time so I know what it looks and sounds like really well and last night’s speech was a classic example. Most of the news media seem to have agreed with my assessment so I don’t think I am being unfair.


The new mantra is no longer  . . . . Stay At Home Protect the NHS . . .  it is now . . . Be Alert . . . . .  Well folk have called me worse things than being a lert in the past so I can take it like a chap.

One of the criticisms of  . . . . Be Alert . . . though is it does not really give people a clear idea of what you want them to do. It assumes that folk will be wise and do the right thing. Well that’s an error if ever there was one, folk are rubbish at obeying stuff and conforming to a conceptual idea of making the world safe for all and respecting other folks social distancing and any other measures they make take to protect themselves is a big ask. A lot of folk will just say I can’t be bothered I intend to do what I like and stand where I like. This is the nature of humans, we can be not very nice and stupid even when it would be in our best interest. . . . . .Ho Hum.  





3 comments:

  1. I have a blog friend who wrote a book 'I Was Raised To Be A Lert', Pearl Vork-Zambory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pearl Vork-Zambory . . well thats a very cool name indeed

      Delete
    2. Yes,she does have a very cool name, like yours with a Z. Sadly, I have no Z's. I think my family is close to being Z-less.

      https://pearl-whyyoulittle.blogspot.com/

      Delete