Tuesday 9 June 2015

Lazy Days, Kitchens, Takeaways, Huge Birds and a Fox



I have had a lazy-ish day doing a bit in the kitchen and eating a not so good Chinese takeaway. I think they mean well, but dissolving that much sugar into your meal is a bit off putting. It’s a damn shame because it’s a nice shiny place now and they all smiled, but hey ho and tickety boo such is life in the country, the options are limited.

Anyway I have discovered pipes behind a couple of the old units that are being ripped out and replaced with the new IKEA shiny red ones. This is a slight problem no one likes pies (sorry pipes) where it would be so much easier to get on with stuff if there were no pipes. I can’t move the pipes either as they attached to large lump of metal the size of an average range style cooker. As it happens that is exactly what it is, it provides hot water, central heating and will cook stuff, although its ability to cook depends entirely on the mood it is in and we have long decided it is too temperamental to be trusted with meals.


So I will be pondering and will need to modify the new units a bit in order to make everything look like it was all planned in the first place. I suspect this is the name of the game in the world of assembling a Kitchen, behind all those neat rows of doors in every kitchen in all the world lies a myriad of bodges and tweaks to make it all look as it should. I am confident it will all be OK as there was a huge beast of a bird sat in the apple tree the size of a small sheep while I ate my takeaway. It was being pestered by a blackbird which sat  on the same branch a couple of feet away shouting and leaping about, which was brave considering it was no more that a snack for the big beast. Anyway the blackbird won as the big beast got fed up with all the noise and flew off.  I saw a Fox as well today scurrying across the road and looking like it was up to no good. It was an adult so must be a true cunning fox because about 90% of the folk in these parts will point guns and shoot Mr Fox no questions asked. . . . . 

8 comments:

  1. I do not envy you with that whole kitchen malarkey Mr Z. I break down in hysterics whenever I have to clean mine, never mind if I had to put one together from scratch.

    We have a lot of Urban foxes around here. They largely wear tracksuits and caps facing backwards and sit outside the local off licence asking if anyone has a light...maybe I have the wrong definition of 'urban.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Foxes are clever beasts and many of them have moved into towns and cities to escape the men with guns. I assume cities still have men with guns but they tend to shoot at each other, in the country everyone seems to have a gun but they tend to shoot anything with more than two legs. . . . and stuff with two legs . . . and stuff with no legs.

      Delete
  2. Maybe you need to do a little sand blasting. (That is going to be one of my new standard replies in real life.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do now have an interesting problem as it appears someone has put a concrete float over wooden floorboards. . . . A bit odd and another little problem to solve. . . a little sand blasting might help.

      Delete
    2. I am not sure what a concrete float is.

      Delete
    3. It is a layer of concrete with a smooth finish , in this case thin over the floorboards. It is usually done with with a very wet mix with little sand and no chippings so that it dries flat and smooth. I have just Googled the term and there is loads of stuff. Not sure if it is just a British Building term. . . .

      You can use it as an alternative reply. . . . . What you need is a Concrete Float on that . . . . then folk will think you are a professional builder.

      Delete
  3. I'm having a takeaway tonight, sometimes I just do not want to cook. Sorry about your pipes problem, I'd be hopeless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Miss Laura it is good to see you sneaking back into the world of blogging. . . Remember try not to work to hard.

      Delete