Friday 7 February 2014

The Opening Ceremony of the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics, President Putin and a Small Chicken.

The winter Olympic opening ceremony has been on the go today and it was rather a grand affair for a winter Olympics as in general they tend to be more friendly and low key than the summer ones. But of course because they are in Russia rumour have abounded that President Putin was keen to put on (Putin . . . . . .  Put on . . . . . . . HA HAH HA H HAH hah ha haha ha ha ha hah ha ha) a good show. And I would have to say some of it was very spectacular indeed as it showed the story of Russia through history, a bit like the London Olympics showed Britain. The odd thing with these though is that it sort of ended with the breaking up of the USSR and then came to an abrupt holt in a sort of AH . . . . . . .DAMN . . . . . I know we can have some Seagulls  . . . no hang on Doves, Doves is good or Swans folk like Swans …….. Interestingly it appears that Sochi (the place in Russia, not the Japanese seafood) is one of the warmer parts of Russia and has no snow which might make things a bit tricky.



Anyway as you know the chicken loves these things and only the other day said he planned to fly over and sneak in; and much like in London the Russians also would prefer not to have chickens running about, partly because it is already complicated enough with Seagulls, Doves and Swans all over the place. But the chicken is a resourceful beast and 40,000 armed troops and folk dressed as white rabbits were never going to keep it away from meeting the main man.

I was able to capture the moment on the TV as out of the shadows the chicken moves in closer to see President Putin close up. The President gritting his teeth, but clearly unhappy that the massed security forces failed to get the chicken. Although if you look at the picture closely you will notice that he is cunningly using his third arm (not many folk know he has three arms) to try and grab the chicken and have him (her) dealt with.

Apparently loads and loads of money was spent on the venue and there is talk of legacy much like there was after the London Olympics . . . . . . . .HAH HA HAH HA HAH AH HAH AH HA HAH AH HA HAH AH HA HAH HA HA Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 



10 comments:

  1. It has been good for me to practice the Surreal Ick alphabet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got confused Mr ESB I feel you are thinking in a more surreal way than I am . . . . . This is terrible for me, it means I need to go and practice more . . . . . . . .DAMN

      Delete
    2. I wiLL balance out your efforts, I wiLL practice less damn as you practice more damn.

      It has been a difficult day before now and I have been writing about it and hope I finaLLy get it to my blog posting. Just had the *best* pork chops, my wife did a combination of baking them then frying them. I am off soon to get some mopping done. It should get easier for the next month or so as one person will be gone for surgery and the other one just appears to have disappeared, s'pposedly she has been sick but she didn't bother to let me know and stopped paying her weekly rent. So maybe I can get a new (better) renter soon.

      Delete
    3. You appear to be going through a patch of bad folk at present Mr ESB. I hope you find nice ones soon. There are lots of nice ones but they tend to be quieter and blend into the background more, making them harder to find. . . .

      I love Pork Chops......

      Delete
  2. I think we all know Putin has three arms. We've all seen him topless way more than we've seen ourselves topless. To be fair, that third arm is usually clutching a gun or something else phallic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was rather worried by the thought that I may have seen President Putin topless more than myself, so I have placed several mirrors about the house to resolve this. I am not sure I am enjoying the image although I guess it is better than a topless President looming at me from a dark corner of the room.

      Delete
    2. Oooooooo yes thanks for following it is very kind of you indeed

      Delete
  3. I've really understood the winter Olympics. It just seems to be a lot of people falling down in different ways in the snow or ice. I'm they could make a fortune if they just sent in each entry into You've been Framed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does involve much going down hills at speed Mr H. Although the main place we are all talking about . . . . Sochi . . . . does not have any snow . . . . It is a bit odd.

      Delete
  4. It was really nice of Russia to hire a James Bond super villain as their president.

    ReplyDelete