Saturday 22 February 2014

Aliens, Computers and Loud Bangs and the Ghost Writer

Hello all sorry for the slight break in posts but I did say I was planning to slow up after reaching the 1000th blog post (one of the outlets of my diary). There are reasons for this however involving both myself and the Ghost Writer.



In my case it all started on Wednesday night not long after I had written my diary entry. You see I had popped outside to put some cat food out on the front patio for the unknown beast that turns up, I really don’t know what it is but it well freaks the cats out and also seems to eat cat food, only it is a cunning beast and I am yet to catch a glimpse of the thing. Time will tell, I will eventually find out what this strange critter is with its pointy large claws and mad howls out in the woods. Anyway while I was out I looked up into the sky and thought what a clear sky it is tonight and it really was one of the clearest in a long time. We are lucky here because it is dark and we get to see the stars and on really clear nights the line across the sky formed by the Milky Way. So there I was looking up into the sky thinking WELL COOL when I noticed something flickering above the woods, then it suddenly moved, well that was a shock and at first I thought I was wrong but then it suddenly moved a bit more. It then moved up and down in quick jerky movements and occasionally from side to side, while it seemed to have flickering lights that may have been rotating. Luckily Mrs Ghost Writer was visiting and so I asked her to come and witness the UFO I had seen as no one was ever going to believe any of us lot. So she came out all sort of sceptical and looked at the flickering light which was still again, but luckily it then starting moving in quick short jerky movements again.. . . . . . . So just for once I have a real witness to a UFO; OK only the second one I have ever seen myself and as for the first one I don’t think I should tell you about that one because well you will not believe me.

As a result of this however I have been on a long alien hunt with Mr Jones who is very annoyed I got to see the UFO and he did not; and says that he's out most nights chasing aliens and the one night he stays in they turn up to see him. As he says No wonder folk don’t get decent pictures or evidence aliens are sneaky. Anyway we have been off in the woods and busy, but saw nothing except the Lemmings of Petrograd and the dodo’s who are still making catapults; you see what happens when the dog goes off to visit the Pope.

Now I did say reasons and the other is that the Ghost Writer, a key part of my diaries production as a real entity in the real world (well cyberspace) has been rather involved with other stuff. Firstly he was trying to do things for his work but at home, apparently it is what IT folk can do at times, but he had password problems, software problems and other problems that meant he was rather preoccupied. Then as a final straw the power supply on his old PC (he is like me he likes old PC’s)  blew up, he says it was as if it had been hit by a laser from an alien spacecraft, one big flash and it was a goner.  He is however rather resourceful and has got his old PC working again, although it now has the wrong power supply in it, and the result is the main power lead comes in the side of the PC so he needs to cut a hole in the side panel, and the whole thing is at present held together with string, bits of tape and wood screws. This is not what IT guru’s are meant to do they are meant to have techy looking high spec computers, not a scrap yard device that makes hissing noises.

OK finally . . . . . . . . . .

Today we have been helping Mrs E formally Miss I in her charity shop because we are jolly decent chaps and the like, and do our bit. . . . . . . . . sort of.


OK that’s it I’m off now although I am sorry, but I have used an old picture again because time has been full of things happening so drawing has taken a back seat so to speak  . . . . . . Another silly saying if you ask me as I am generally in the back seat and would therefore be able to draw. Only I was not this time, but I might have been, although I was not. . . . .  

7 comments:

  1. Could it be that aliens are really just interstellar gremlins, traveling the cosmos to wreak havoc upon the technology of lesser-species?
    Also, I'd be more impressed with an IT guru with a pieced together steam-punk style PC than one with the slickest of computing machines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seem pics of steam-punk PC's and they can look quite cool so I might try and create one if I get time. It rather depends of the real world it is not entirely as it should be but with luck will settle down soon. . .

      Aliens would probably think our technology was somewhat stone age and are as I type doing little experiments on us to see how we respond. I have got the peanut out of the hopper and will now work on the chocolate under this small flap with a thing holding it down.

      Delete
  2. Don't be silly Rob, of course I read my comments. I just haven't gotten around to fixing that pesky broken link yet. It's on my to-do list!
    I've never seen a UFO, and I don't think I would want to; I'd probably freak out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Miss Laura I did think you read your comments, I was being slightly sneaky thinking you were bound to respond.

      I dont think what ever we saw was aliens but it was seriously odd and real .. . . .

      Delete
  3. I find your artwork veRy entertaining. I sent you a request by e-mail but it was while you were busy hospitaling so maybe it got lost. I have shown your Doctors picture to my friends and they find it interesting. I am just watching teleBision, the series caLLed Mad Men on Netflix, avoiding the cool windy day outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Mr ESB I am rubbish with Email I will go and have a look in the morning, things have been a bit of a game one way and another. Glad your friends thought the pic interesting, but that can be good or bad . . . . I will think good.

      Delete
  4. I thought I saw a UFO (or should it be AN UFO??) over my house. It was a small yellow dot of light moving slowly from south to north. "Nothing special" I thought "probably just a satellite" but then, as it got directly overhead... it stopped - did a wobble and shot off toward the west. Gave me the willies I don't mind telling you. Shortly after I bought a telescope but haven't seen anything since.

    ReplyDelete