Friday 2 November 2012

the BBC News Interview about the Comet Store and the End of the World


A man from the BBC phoned me today, he is doing an in depth news report into Comet (the Store)  and wanted my opinion, something I am always happy to give even when I don’t know what I am talking about.  At the time I was talking to the dog about the end of the world and so the conversation did get a little confused because I got my Comets mixed up a bit and was talking about the end of the world to the BBC man while he was talking about the shop so the conversation sort of went like this



BBC Man  . . . . .  I believe you are expecting things from Comet,

Me . . . . . . . . Yes, I think we all are.

BBC Man . . . . .  Well I don’t think we all are, but when are you expecting it to arrive

Me  . . . . . . . . . I think its due in the middle of next year

BBC Man   . . . . . ..  Are you sure that seems a long time to wait

Me  . . . . . . . . A long time…… it is only just over six months away

BBC MAN  . . . . . . .  That’s seems a long time to me, surely you would like it to arrive earlier than that.

 Me . . . . . . . . . . But it’s the end of the world that’s terrible

BBC Man .  . . . . . . Don’t you think that’s a rather extreme view we are only taking about a few shops

 Me  . . . . . . . . .  This Comet is huge I think we are talking more than a few shops

BBC Man  . . . . . . Well OK maybe a few hundred shops at the most.

 Me  . . . . . . . .  But what about all those people that will die in all the Chaos

 BBC Man  . . . . . . WHAT? I don’t think people are going to die we are only talking about shops

 Me  . . . . . .. . . But if people are in the shops they are all going to die

 BBC Man  . . . . . . WHAT?

Me  . . . . . . . . . . Well I don’t see how the end of the world will only happen to shops, We are talking a huge massive fiery comet ploughing into Earth.

BBC Man  . . . . . . . .  WHAT? But what about your Washing Machine.

Me  . . . . . .  . . .. . I could hide in that, do you think it would help. Trouble is it is due tomorrow and the company we bought it from is having a view problems, so we might not have one, you know the company what’s it called again  . . . . AH YES  . . . . COMET. . . . . . AH

BBC Man  . . . . . . . .. IDIOT

BBC MAN  . . . . . .hangs up.


.

2 comments:

  1. I have been interviewed TWICE this year for the Beeb and not once did they ask about my blog or my proposed work as a nameless henchman for an evil megalomaniac or breaking a world record (really need to do a post about that one, cos its true) But here you are being interviewed by the very same bunch of "so-called-reporters" and from your account of things (which can only and MUST be seen as the whole truth) they didn't even think to consider promting it or nothing. The BBC never pay for interviews but the very least they could have done was allow to plug your blog... and maybe the RATS just to show that 2other logs are available".... Typical BBC or Bloomin' BBC as I call it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Mr H, the conversation shown is the abridged version but they did not ask about my blog or RATs and seemed rather focused on getting some meaty stuff on Comet.

      I did say our Washing Machine and tumble drier are due Saturday (today) any time between early morning and late at night (I do wish they would say morning or afternoon or give a time). So the BBC man said they would phone back and see what happened sometime next week. The man at the Beeb to give him credit did sound like he was on the ball and knew his stuff.

      Anyway we are here waiting now, in the grey drizzle of winter waiting for the arrival of a comet its like waiting for the End of the World. I do hope the End of the World is sunny not grey and wet like today, that is not how it should end.

      Delete