Friday, 12 July 2013
The Big Bang, the Mattress and the Kitchen Sink
Last night as we watched the ten o’clock news on the BBC on our television there was a loud whooshing bang and the house sort of gave a very gentle leap to the West, so we all looked at one another and went off to find out what had happened as it could have been anything from the long expected Zombie attack or Aliens or the unpredicted End of the World. Actually that last one would be rather amusing, after all folk have predicted the end of the world almost from the start of the world so if it turned up unannounced everyone would be dead annoyed (or dead).
As it turned out it was in fact one of our neighbours who is moving house and rather than take all the stuff in it, he has decided to torch it. He had a fairly big bonfire the other week and last night he set fire to beds, mattresses, pictures, chairs, the piano, the gas cooker, the television, the bath, and the one everyone knows the kitchen sink. Of course some of this stuff does not burn to well so he had made sure it would burn by adding a large tin full of petrol and then as they say lit the blue touch paper and ran like hell; well not so much ran as sailed through the sky with a trail of smoke behind him….
I did run in to grab my camera but missed getting a photo of the really big flames as petrol and mattress burns really fast. His immediate neighbour kept guard for a while because he was (the chap who started it) running back and fore to his house with buckets of water as the long grass which was rather dry due to the recent heat was burning rather well also. Its WELL COOL (OK hot) living out in the wilds, as loads of wild things happen that are dead exciting….
Oooooooo yes we are off out for a meal tonight so this is it for now………