Friday 20 September 2013

One Man's quest for knowledge and solving perplexing three dimensional problems.

As you all know I often put my mind to good use solving issues such as . . .WHAT IS DARK MATTER and  WHAT SHAPE IS THE UNIVERSE or HOW DID FROGS GET INTO FAIRY TALES. It is something I am sure we all do at times, it is why mankind is the way it is, the relentless quest for knowledge about stuff and all the WHY, HOW, WHAT, WHEN, CAN I EAT IT questions that life throws at us. So far I have never flinched and have taken all in my stride without even a scratch of the head going o dear not sure I know that; no I have been told be confident and go for it as if you know everything, on the grounds that if you sound like you know everything the likelihood is folk will say HE SEEMS TO KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT and believe every word you say, which is lucky because it is all dead true.

However I was tested today by one of those perplexing three dimensional puzzles that folk like to slip into a conversation about something innocent like the weather. I was asked to put together a set of shelves, not just any shelves but shelves from one of those large self assembly superstores. OK on paper it looks easy but they had already defeated the minds of others due to the cunning cross radial tensioned bracing system using rods to add strength in a way very similar to that of the humble bicycle wheel, a simple yet revolutionary idea in creating strength in a geometric form.



I was not defeated by this test and emerged from it triumphant and able to say I KNOW WHAT SHAPE SHELVES ARE, not everyone can do that…..


Sadly due to time I have been unable to find suitable shelves to take a photo of so I have taken a photo of something that is SHELF-ISH (shellfish) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .HAHHAHAHHAh ah hah ah ha hah ah hah hah ah h hah ah ha ha hha ha hah ah ha hahh ah ah hahah hha ha ha ha ha ha hah ha hah 

5 comments:

  1. I wonder if shelves would be jealous of tables for having legs or would tables be jealous of shelves for having a better view?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You often hear of men drinking themselves under the table but never drinking under shelves. On the other hand you do sometimes hear of folk being left on the shelf but seldom are folk left on tables.

      And we have to learn or tables at school but we never learn our shelves which explains why no one can put them up.

      Delete
    2. I don't like it when somebody turns the tables on me when they tell me my ideas have been shelved... very disconcerting.

      Delete
    3. Are you guys doing furniture puns now? Who will chair this discussion?

      Delete
    4. I have no IKEA Mr Addman . . . . . . . HAH HAH H HAH AH HAHHAH AH HAH HAha ha ha ha ha ha ha h

      Delete