Sunday 24 March 2013

The Snow Dog again and Abominable People in Transit


During the snow clearing there was absolutely no evidence of yeti’s and I can only assume they have moved on to whiter pastures, they are after all nomadic beasts moving from Holiday Inn to Travel lodge and so on across the frozen north. These days there are few of these cheap and cheery overnight crash pad hotel complexes left where a dishevelled yeti can stop to get a meal and a sleep without people asking awkward questions. Some hotels even have signs up saying no Abominable people allowed during the winter season, using excuses like bad eating habits and demanding fresh yak and wild mountain goat as well as moulting on the sofa’s in the residents lounge.


I have managed to finish the Snow dog he is a little bigger than I planned but this will ensure he will survive till August particularly if the weather is like last year. And I was trying to make a better job of his glowing eyes but due to the wind it all sort went wrong, which is why my other plan of snow lanterns was also a bit of a disaster and I will try this again another day. I can say that because it appears that it is going to be cold until at least next weekend. Maybe I should make a giant snow Easter egg.


OK that is it for today after all it is a cold Sunday and most folk are keeping themselves hidden in a warm spot, and I am sorry about the continued obsession with the weather. I reckon a good tale of strange folk in strange weather is just what that nice Steven Spielberg needs for his next film, DAMN I should have made a huge snow Steven Spielberg and not a snow dog although he/it might get confused with a yeti.  

      
.

8 comments:

  1. Yes, (s)now that you men-tion it, Steven Spiel(ice!)berg does somewhat resemble an yeti. And so does his hairy son Ford, that actor he uses sometimes in movies like in Traders of the Most Bark, a story about a professor who searches for his aunt's equities who were stolen by The Not Sees (blind people) during the Great Stick Market Crash. In the end it is reaLLy blind lumbering Jacks who have taken her bark and he almost succeeds in getting it back, but then it winds up in a giant warehouse in the final scene but not seen by the Not Sees. Then he finds out his aunt is reaLLy a beaver and needed the bark for food and she dies of malnutrition. But he checks ancestry dot com and he is not a blood relative of his aunt and is most likely not part beaver and therefore doesn't need to eat bark for its micronutritional values.

    Fin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont get to see (no pun intended) many films but I think this one sounds great, I will keep an eye out (sorry no pun intended again) for any trailers with Not Sees, Beavers and Sticks in. When I say trailers I refer to short film clips not a useful attachment to a vehicle that you can load up with stuff.

      Delete
    2. I just realized that if you didn't know where something was in a warehouse, then it would reaLLy be a wherehas, as the employees are wondering around saying, "Where has that (insert noun here) been put?" In this case I am not sure if the opposite of a union employee should be caLLed a 'unioff' or simply drop the negative prefix to be 'ion'. Lets hope no one does both and we get 'ioff' which would have a plural of ioves which to far sighted people might resemble loves.

      Delete
    3. So we have a new film title now:-

      The Warehouse of Lost Loves and Far Sighted People.

      and a new apple product:-

      the ioff

      Delete
  2. And the sign said "long haired abominable people need not apply."

    That snow dog is awesome by the way. Did it inspire The Snowman And The Snowdog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well as one hotel manager pointed out there is hair and then there is hair and then of course there is the mad march hare when it is traditional not to comb ones hair.

      I only watched 5 minutes of the Snowman and the Snowdog and thought it was rather similar to the original short film without the snowdog. I dont think I can take credit for being the inspiration because at the time my snowdog was still in flat pack mode.

      Delete
  3. It just looks so cold...I was pulling weeds, harvesting veggies, planting spring seeds and doing quite a bit of other gardening yesterday. Kudos to you for making a snow dog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lot of Snow about at present and little evidence of Spring. It is always good to make something in snow I'm starting to think I really should have made an igloo, it is seldom we get enough snow to do such things here.

      Delete