Sunday 10 March 2013

Mothers day and the life size Steam Powered Vincent Price Vampire Automata


I have descended into a state of limbo not as in the dance where you have to go under a pole a bit like the reverse of pole vaulting (as in the sport), no but like in a state of suspended animation where I am frozen and not doing anything. This is because the weather has turned back to winter and my mind has now passed winter and is in spring mode. I am not sure that nature is designed to deal with weather when it starts to reverse back in time, I certainly know in my own case my mind and body have now decided to shut down for a while until the weather catches it up again.  One of the things that makes this winter particularly hard is the fact that the weather in Britain started to get bad on the 3rd June 2012, you see a decent diary has it moments so although this winter is not really terrible when added to a bad summer and autumn it means it feels like a very very very long winter.




In other items of importance. . . . . . . .Today was Mothers day, I say Mothers day but I refer to Mothers day in Britain because as it happens Mothers day is not a universal date and it appears that globally there are about thirty different dates for Mothers day. In fact today is one of the less common dates for Mothers day, so that’s COOL (or very cold).

My life size Steam Powered Vincent Price Vampire Automata was quite a surprise and mum said it was the last thing she wanted (sorry was expecting), It has photo cells in it and when it gets dark he starts creeping about the house hissing (that’s due to steam) and biting anything that moves.  I tested in on the cats in a dark shed which seemed to work although I think maybe it might have been best if I had remained outside rather in the dark shed during testing, still I will recover and I only lost a couple of pints of blood but that was mainly due to the cats hiding on my head. I have named him Boris although everyone says that is confusing because Boris is a monsters name and not a vampires name, vampires have names like George or Hector or Roger or Volfgarde  . . . . . I still prefer Boris myself.

Ok that’s it I am off now to hunt for the source of some heat, any sort of heat, well maybe not the hot steamy heat of a life size pointy toothed Steam Powered Vincent Price Vampire Automata.

DAMN . . . . . . . . . . now where has it sneaked off to, that is not meant to happen it’s not dark yet.

.
.
.
.

8 comments:

  1. Yeah it's been snowing here. I love winter, but this is ridiculous! Some sun would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite agree Miss Laura, I have entered Spring mode and this is not nice. . . .

      Delete
  2. Snow flurries in March Rob Z...March!

    May I ask what is the actual function of the Steam Powered Vincent Price Vampire Automata? I know it has photo cells in it and that when it gets dark, starts creeping about the house hissing and biting anything that moves. But what is it's main function?

    Also thank you so much for the youtube link. I've already exhausted my poor lap top and we're only on the 3rd month. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was advised that the Steam Powered Vincent Price Vampire Automata was the perfect Mothers Day present by a nice Steam Powered Vincent Price Vampire Automata salesman . . . . . . . .AH DAMN.

      Glad you liked the link to the songs. . .

      Delete
  3. I know you interested in steam powered things but I saw something related to that on a show about Alaska. A person there piped water - oh, sorry for the winterription but I must leave for a few seconds to let Cooper back inside because he is barking loudly although not as loud as Tom Cruise on the teLLyBision in the movie - now where was I? Oh yes, Alaska ... there is a guy who pipes water from a stream to his house for the purpose of generating electricity. It looked like maybe a 10 cm tube. So he leads a stream powered life. I guess if he also gets fish out of the stream and eats them, then that would be more stream power, calories. Then that just now made me realize that the United Kingdom and Ireland are warmed by the oceanic current caLLed the Gulf Stream, so you could think of all of England as stream powered, hahahahaha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Britain is indeed warmed by the gulf stream, but I believe that there is a possibility that with global warming it could stop or move away. This would then make Britain much colder in the winter, so it appears Britain would be colder if the earth is warmer. Those of us in Britain would say things like typical and NOT FAIR . . . .

      I think small scale hydro electric is a great idea if you are near enough to a source of water.

      Delete
  4. I should make a tiny water pressure to electricity convertor and hook it to my garden hose so that when I water my grass it can charge my ceLL phone or iPad. Then I too can be stream powered.

    I am not having a great day on the Internet, more bubble button nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I reckon a small water pipe phone/ipad charger sounds like something entirely brilliant. I am not sure how that would work, but maybe it would be an interesting project for that fancy electro-mechanical programming starter kit thing you have on order.

      Yet more genius from us RATs . . . . . some one should hire us as a think tank.

      I was looking for things online about the strange bubble button effect you are having but with no luck .. . . .

      Delete