Thursday 6 December 2012

The End of the World . .. . . . . and the universes pivot point


I have not done a lot today because of the bug; I have sort of pottered about slowly making groaning sounds. I briefly poked about at one of our clocks which has a habit of chiming randomly at odd times. It is OK though because it only has the hour hand and a completely blank face so it is almost impossible to tell the time anyway, which means you don’t know if it chimed at the right or wrong time.  I have also learnt from my good friend Miss Fionaski the famous Russian spy that the world is due to end on the 21st December so we will be putting our Christmas tree up this weekend in order to make the most of it. I forgot to ask how the world is due to end which was silly of me it would be useful to know whether I should duck or leap into a ditch or climb a tree or eat loads of food to avoid it.  I think I may wear subdued clothing on the 21st Dec because I think wearing bright clothing will only make it worse and if it involves aliens you would stand out like a sore thumb, surely a big mistake with aliens destroying the world.



I have also been told by another friend that I might be standing on the pivot point of the universe and that I need to shuffle about a bit to keep it balanced correctly, not an easy thing at present when suffering from the side effects of Man Flu. But I did wonder if these two things are interlinked and maybe aliens are keen to rule the universe, and have decided that the best way to do this is control of the most strategic point in the universe, which would be the universes pivot point.  Normally I would not worry to much about this, but if I am the pivot point then I will need to think of a cunning plan before the 21st Dec.

OK I am off again now, there is only so much a man with Man Flu can write. . . . .  AAAAAuuuuuughggghghghghghghghhhhhh



.

12 comments:

  1. Wearing dark clothing to avoid the end of the world. That is so you. I'm out on the piss on the 21st as it is Mad Friday. Here's to the end of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if is the End of the World it will certainly be mad....

      Delete
  2. I don't think I can cope with the world ending again. It was supposed to have ended a bit ago and it didn't. I got all giddy and confessed my sins. I didn't bother going shopping 'cos the cheese would go uneaten after the worlds end and it would have been a waste of good cheese.
    This time I'm prepared though. I've opted for tinned goods, just in case it doesn't end and I get a bit hungry.
    Here's hoping the flu avails itself to somebody else - because after all, this is the time of year when it is better to give rather than receive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know Mr H we have had a few ending in the last couple of years. I really do not want it to end while I have Man Flu and I am trying to be good and not give it to others in the true spirit of Christmas. But if those aliens turn up trying to cause trouble I am going to give it to them; I have see the films and know that the common cold (sorry Man Flu) is their downfall....

      One small tip Mr H never confess any sins, it worked for that strange bloke with the hair on Top of the pops.

      Delete
  3. I was praying for a good reason not to go Christmas shopping but the end of the world via aliens, is a little bit excessive.
    And remember, caring is sharing, so passing the man flu onto the ETs, could be viewed as a charitable act.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am being very good at present and not doing any work or thinking or anything in order to avoid the general public. So that they do not get Man Flu, OK the men do not get Man Flu.

      As for Christmas it is getting more difficult by the year, whatever happened to all those quirky little presents that would turn up to amuse us. Even the smellies in the likes of Boots are boring now, they used to make an effort to make then look nice once. And I haven't even seem one decent Santa hat for sale by a dodgy bloke hoovering about by the shopping centre entrance.

      Maybe the aliens will bring some gifts to amuse the masses like death rays and jigsaws.

      Delete
  4. Rob, you hold the key to repelling the alien hordes in your diseased nasal cavities. It'll be like War Of The Worlds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooooo I do hope so, that will liven up a few blogs, Twitter and Facebook.

      Delete
  5. \,,,
    ({}{}-
    /'''

    I tried to draw you something that looked like a bug. Hope it makes you feel better. I have no idea how it is going to help, but if it does, please eXplain it to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the bug was supposed to be seen from a bird's eye view (looking down) but I drew it in a different font than is displayed, so the legs on the left side (bottom) are scrunched together more than the ones on the right side (top).

      Delete
    2. Your bug is excellent it reminds me of a Hummingbird Hawk-moth. One of the great beauties of nature.

      It also means that all five members of RAT's have made a comment on this post, although I am one of those five.....

      Delete
    3. We have a large insect in our part of the world that acts like a hummingbird. But I do not know its name. We had a bush in front of our house that had dark pink trumpet shaped flowers that attracted the hovering big bugs but my wife had someone destroy the plants. I thought that was sad, I wasn't included in that decision. I should try to find some seeds from someone else's plant and get it to come back in that flower bed.

      Delete