Monday 31 December 2012

Auld Lang Syne and the end of the year for the Wiley Fox and a bin at IKEA


So here we are on the last day of 2012 and we all know what that means, it means folk standing out on street corners shouting and letting off fireworks hugging strangers as they pass and singing that old traditional Scottish song that no one knows the words too. But luckily most folk are a bit merry and will not be aware that instead of singing the correct words they are singing



Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never mmmmm to mmmmm?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne!

Chorus.-
For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne.
We'll mmmm  o' mmmm mmmm,
For auld lang syne.



Then every one will repeat this until they get bored and spot an urban fox chasing a pigeon, where upon the masses will abandon singing Auld Lang Syne staggering about in a mad linked hands dance and chase the fox shouting

I’ll CATCH AN URBAN FOX MY DEAR,
IN A DUSTBIN AT IKEA
I’ll CATCH AN URBAN FOX I BET,
Put Butter in his ear

Butter in his ear MY DEAR,
Put Butter in his ear
We’ll CATCH AN URBAN FOX AND THEN WE’LL GET
Some Butter in his ear

O yes they all know the words then

So I have left a message with the foxes to avoid large crowds of people who look happy and not to spend the night raiding the Swedish meat balls in the bins of IKEA. And don’t go anywhere near people with tubs of butter

I would like to wish everyone a jolly happy new year and if you live in the UK I believe New Years Day is due to be sunny . . . . . . . . . . . WELL COOL 



If you do need to sing and chase urban foxes then here are the words to Auld Lang Syne rather than a foxy based one which would be a bit of a give away…..


Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne!

Chorus.-For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne.
We'll tak a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.

And surely ye'll be your pint stowp!
And surely I'll be mine!
And we'll tak a cup o'kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.
For auld, &c.

We twa hae run about the braes,
And pou'd the gowans fine;
But we've wander'd mony a weary fit,
Sin' auld lang syne.
For auld, &c.

We twa hae paidl'd in the burn,
Frae morning sun till dine;
But seas between us braid hae roar'd
Sin' auld lang syne.
For auld, &c.

And there's a hand, my trusty fere!
And gie's a hand o' thine!
And we'll tak a right gude-willie waught,
For auld lang syne.
For auld, &c.


All the best for 2013.


I think they kind of make my point about people knowing the words but still WELL COOL

.

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha! That's exactly how I sung it earlier on.
    I much prefer the Urban fox version, which had the Lil man in hysterics.

    Hope you have a fantastic New Year Rob Z and a brilliant 2013!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a great year Miss Lily and a Happy new Year to the Lil man too. I am off to bed now.

      Delete
  2. It is stiLL '12 here in The Colonies. Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Mr ESB I hope 2013 is a good year for you all over there, I believe you are all dangling over a fiscal cliff at present. For reasons best known to others the Fiscal Cliff makes me think of Cliff Richard, I am not a fan of Cliff Richard so the sooner Mr Fiscal Cliff returns to obscurity the better; I just hope he does not start singing songs too.

      Delete