Sunday 26 January 2014

Weather Machines and Alien Jelly Creatures

Have I mentioned that dad started work on a new weather machine, I don’t think I have? It had its first trial run today or at least part of it did. He says he is fed up with the weather and if we must have rotten weather then he wants to be the one to create it. That is quite understandable really, we all like to be in control of our own destiny if we can and so the more we can control ourselves the better.  Although in the case of weather machines I think history leads us to conclude that we may be in control of the weather machine, but the controls are slightly faulty. Thus what we expect and what we get do not always tally, such as today when it was raining one minute and sunny the next followed by rain and sun.

So yet again we have a small insight into the great workings of the universe, we make our plans we carry them out and something entirely different happens and before you know it you are not a brain surgeon in the great Metropolis but a hairdresser in Luton or a roller-skate salesman in Edinburgh.  This is what happens to everyone and deep down in our inner soul is a small voice telling us that everyone (ok most folks) are doing stuff we would do better and why cant we have what they have.  This is what happened with TV, for years folk would watch all these so called celebrities and think well they are rubbish I could do that; and so was born the TV talent show closely followed by the celebrity talent show as celebrities became paranoid that folk were doing stuff they could do.

I was rather distracted there as I was planning to say that Mrs E and Mr S came to see us and delivered a lentil dhal and a Pheasant curry for our tea  . . . . . . WELL COOL (OK nice and spicy) although you will be pleased to learn the pheasant in the curry was not Gandhi or tame pheasant, it would be rather non politically correct to eat Gandhi or our tame pheasant.



Ooooooooo yes I have added a photo to my diary tonight of something seriously weird that has appeared to have oozed out from the patio, it appeared to be a clear jelly like substance with some sort of life in the middle?  . . . . . . . . . Do we finally have proof of alien life; it has been there a couple of days now and is showing no sign of vanishing off back to its home planet . . . . . . . Very odd.


Ooooooo yes again, it was Mr Charlie’s Birthday as well . . . . . .

5 comments:

  1. I saw something a bout butterflies, chaos, wing flapping and storms on the opposite side of the world. So I just remembered that I got my wife an anniversary present that was a large metal butterfly which could be hooked up to a motor to create weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that strange thing in the picture is a Chaos Beast.

      You often see large metal butterflies on houses in Britain, although not attached to motors in order to change the weather.

      Delete
  2. I once built a weather machine. I think Britain's current weather problems are as a result of my weather machine and your dad's weather machine cancelling each other out.

    Unfortunately, I lost my weather machine the day a man in sunglasses and a suit came and borrowed it, but he told me to tell no one of our transaction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is like the old Chinese saying . . . . .Two Weather Machines does not a summer make. . . .

      I think the black market in weather machines is rather buoyant at present due to the weather.....

      Delete
  3. It appears that picture of what ever that picture is a picture of is stranger than it looks . . . . . once you start to hunt the internet you find it seems to be called star jelly and there are some weird theories . . . .

    ReplyDelete