Sunday 3 August 2014

The Closing Ceremony of the Glasgow Commonwealth Games, a Mole, A Chainsaw, and Aliens


So what have I done today I hear you are say as if with the single voice of silence. . . . Well I am glad you have asked, sort of asked, thought about asking, OK no one has asked. But I know you need to know, well it started with the a view of our front lawn in a state of minor disarray and when I say minor I really mean miner because the lawn has small humps on it. Yes it can only be a Mole (not as in the spy but as in the small cute but annoying furry beast).  I am trying to be nice to the mole, he is after all only doing what moles do which is destroy lawns in the pursuit of wisdom (sorry worms) and in general no one is friendly to moles so it only seems fair to be nice.  So tactic number one is Moth balls dropped down the moles labyrinth of runs. . . . . .  To tell the truth I am not optimistic in the slightest, but we will see.

I have also had a large bonfire burning to clear a big pile of stuff which needed to be moved before next Saturday when we are expecting Digger Chris rather than Builder Chris who will be coming to do another job soon.  I have also had a bit of a play with the chainsaw and cut a few things down that need cutting down. One thing I have not ventured off to see is the Dancing Sheep, I am sure they must be good but I suspect someone will tell me all about it at some point.

Tonight is the big grand finish of the Commonwealth Games and what can I say I am really disappointed that I never got to see an Alien maybe they are still in the chip shop eating deep fried Haggis. It is quite possible as this is a treat seldom seen outside Scotland yet alone a far distant Alien world.

Anyway I did catch a brief comment on Radio four that seem to say that Lulu the well known Scottish singer from many moons ago was going to recite the Kali Monologue well I think that’s what they said. I am looking forward to hearing the lady famed for her shout reciting

सर्वमङ्गलमाङ्गल्ये शिवे सर्वार्थसाधिके शरण्ये त्र्यम्बके गौरि नारायणि नमोऽस्तु ते जयंती मंगल काली भद्रकाली कपालिनी दुर्गा क्षमा शिवा धात्री स्वाहा स्वधा नमोऽस्तुते . . . .Everybody Shout Now  सर्वमङ्गलमाङ्गल्ये शिवे सर्वार्थसाधिके शरण्ये त्र्यम्बके गौरि नारायणि नमोऽस्तु ते जयंती मंगल काली भद्रकाली कपालिनी दुर्गा क्षमा शिवा धात्री स्वाहा स्वधा नमोऽस्तुते. . . . . . .

I suspect the Hindu community of Glasgow will be very pleased and somewhat surprised.

I also believe that the plan is to recreate a classic night out in Glasgow so I will be watching as this could be my last chance to spot Aliens at the Commonwealth Games as they devour a Deep fried Mars bar and a fish supper washed down with an Iron Bru and a Whiskey chaser as they shout  . . . . . . . . . Whit’s fur ye’ll no go by ye  before returning to space to return soon

Maybe not today, Maybe not tomorrow but soon in a woodland near you. . . . .


Keep Watching the Skies  . . . . .

2 comments:

  1. I don't know what the Kali Monologue is, and couldn't find a reference.

    It is stiLL dark here - please share some sunshine with us so it can be day.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kali Monologue is a great Scottish singer who sings with Jason McDonovan and was on that popular Scottish soap Cabers. You know the theme tune:

    Cabers, everybody needs good cabers...

    ReplyDelete