Friday 1 August 2014

An old recycled Poem from Last Christmas . . . I know I do Poetry, but only very badly....



It is late and  so I have decided to dig out an old poem I did about Christmas last year, I thought it was OK and having just read it again (for a Twitter Tweet) feel it is sort of good enough to recycle now…… The timing might (is) be a bit out, but we need a bit of peace and goodwill about at present.






Once upon a Christmas Eve dreary, while I pondered weak and weary.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore’s.
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping.
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chambers doors.
'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, is it the curse of Santa Claws.
Marching severed hands oozing sweat from their pores.


The constant scratching and demonic clip clop of cloven hoofs on my slated roof.
A demonic Red Nosed Reindeer loosening roof slates by the Score.
And while I’m Knotting and neatly Wrapping presents, there is still a tapping.
It must be the curse of Santa Claws the cursed hoards rapping rapping at my chambers doors.
But what if it is a friendly visitor entreating entrance at my chambers doors.
Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas I can hear. It is the cursed multitude of SANTA CLAWS.



Shouting shouting out into the night.

Poe Poe Poe . . . .  Merry Christmas.



HA HAH HA HHAH HAH AH HAH HAH HAH AHhah ah ah ha ha aha ha ha haha hah ah ahah hahah ah ha ha ha hahah 

And once again I thank Mr ESB for planting the seed of the idea . . . . 

The Original Post 

7 comments:

  1. At the end of yesterday's post, you did say that it will soon be Christmas. I just didn't expect it to come this early.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone has to be first so this year I have decided it is me. I have beaten all those Garden Centres by at least a couple of weeks. . . .

      Delete
    2. A gust of Christmas in August, how delightful. It is Poe-tentiaLLy one of your veRy best poe-m's. We haven't reaLLy been doing anything Christmasy yet in our store or factory, just getting ready for school to start and designing things with a focus on American football.

      Delete
    3. Damn my reply vanished. . . . O well I will surrender to cyberspace for now.

      Delete
    4. Vanish Sadness, an ache of modernity.

      Delete
  2. You went over 120,000 !!!!! Almost an 1/8 of a million.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure its all a lie implemented by blogger to give me hope that I have more than 5 or 6 folk who read my blog.

      Delete