Sunday 14 October 2012

The multiple dimensions of downwards, a castle and a birthday party


Today has been as much about catching up as actually getting anything done so for example I am still writing up my adventures in the underworld; OK not really so much the underworld as the world underground, as they are not entirely the same thing, as my very good friend Napoleon Beelzebub has pointed out. Although they are both in the same direction, it is more the fact they are not in the same dimension, much like myself and the Ghost Writer. In fact while on the subject of different dimensions I discovered that the old medieval castle that we stayed near which I will mention when I finally get things all written up (you lot are just going to have to wait until I am organized a bit . . . . . . . . . AH); OK yes this castle exists in several dimensions also. It has a real existence so exists in the world of the Ghost Writer; it has an existence in the real world of Rob Z Tobor (me) because as far as I’m concerned I’m real. And then I discovered it has an alternative existence as a French castle in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.  So I have now discovered that not only did we miss a chance to get all the gold from the centre of the Earth we have also missed an opportunity to find the Holy Grail and possibly the odd autograph……



Anyway the farmer has now filled the tunnels created by the cows, so they are a bit dispirited and are chewing grass in despair, roaming about in the fields in a sort of random fashion as if their goal in life has been taken away from them. However the sting in the tail for us was that one of their tunnels has resulted in the main road being closed and we were forced to undertake a huge detour in order to get to the birthday party of Miss Elle tonight who was seventeen while we were away in the depths of the subterranean caverns. It appears the road will now be closed for at least three weeks because cows make large tunnels but are not good at engineering the supports . . . . . . . 



It was a bit of a shock all that frost and sunlight this morning I had to wear sunglasses at breakfast and a woolly hat although it did turn into a really lovely day. OK I better go it is getting on as I have been at a birthday party and had to go and return the long way. . . .



Oooo I saw two of those powered parachute things going over the house today and an Austin Maxi. I thought all Austin Maxi’s were well dead, ironically on the way to the birthday party we did pass the Austin Maxi again and it appeared to be dead with people peering into the engine. Such is life. 



.

7 comments:

  1. Don't be fooled about cows not having engineering skills. They are masters of the subversive.
    One day soon they will march on our cities and towns and overthrow the powers that be and force us all into .... i've said too much already. Never EVER turn your back on a bovine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just wondering if a cow can march, they always appear to lumber or walk in casual (and subversive) way. I just hope that the sheep don't get involved because then we really are in for it.

      Delete
    2. http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2012/10/milton-keynes-cows-vandalised-massively-improved-by-dinosaur-respray/

      There is no such thing as coincidence.

      Delete
  2. Parachutes? Did you hear about the guy who did the reaLLy high parachute jump and went faster than the speed of sound? That was in eastern New Mexico not far from here. It was today from about 24 miles up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did hear about the man who jumped from 24 miles up but only after I had written my diary entry. I knew he had tried about a week ago and it did not work out due to a problem with the balloon.

      What I was wondering about however is what happens to the balloon and capsule after he jumps out, it is all very well him landing on someone but that capsule looked heavy.

      Delete
    2. I had similar scary thoughts - especiaLLy since I am just downwind a little ways from the RosweLL NM area. It is around 250 miles directly southwest of us and that is the general direction our wind blows from! I wiLL listen for heavy objects landing on the roof. Perhaps I should station Cooper outside to act as a balloon guard dog. WeLL, come to think of it, I should have my wife stay outside as weLL. Oh, I just saw two things dangerous coming from there on the news: parachute guy AND veRy bad peanut butter.

      Delete
    3. I saw this happen on the internet yesterday and thought it was all very good until he landed and missed the flaming hoop and landing in the small paddling pool. Because he missed I feel personally let down by everyone involved in that stunt.

      Delete