Thursday 12 March 2015

What is the Truth about Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear and the Fracas . . .Big Questions Answered



Here in Britain in the last couple of days the Big Question has been . . .  What did Top Gear’s Jeremy Clarkson do, what is the nature of the so called Fracas . . . .  Some of you who are not from Britain will probably know the name and that he is one of the co-presenters of BBC2’s rather popular show Top Gear, a rather light hearted motoring program.  Here in Britain he is a bit like Marmite he is a love him or hate him character for many reasons.

Now before I progress I need to point out that I am a rather left wing chap politically and a firm believer in equality irrespective of gender colour nationality wealth or disability. We should all have the same opportunities in life where possible to achieve our goals and do the things we wish to do.  I know I am an idealist because even the so called left wing counties in the world are far from equal; in fact some are worse than the so called Decadent West.

This brings us back to Mr Jeremy Clarkson who we are told is rather/very right wing chap politically. As I do not know him in person I can only be guided by the media. You see over the years he has reputedly said some terrible things, many of them on the very popular Top Gear. Now I watch this program, I like it, and find it rather entertaining and I have heard some of the comments and the like that have made the news. And to me as a lefty idealist he has always appeared to be a bit devilish rather than racist or sexist, he just likes to have a little dig at the modern paranoia for political correctness.  He is a very good motoring journalist and does a brilliant job on Top Gear, it is not his fault that this has made him very rich, and rich folk tend to be right wing. I suspect he is also something a Prima Dona after a rather charmed life as a celebrity but to me he has a dry wit, a way with words and is a great driver (or appears to be on the show). 

So what has brought us to the suspension of Top Gear and Jeremy Clarkson well it appears after a long day of filming the crew arrived back at their hotel at 10pm to a cold buffet. This led Mr Clarkson to let rip verbally at one of the producers and we are told man handle him a bit (exact details are a bit grey). Well I suspect he was tired and hungry and probably stressed, he is almost as old as me, OK a bit younger, but as you get older you need a decent meal at some point in the day. And its no good thinking he is a TV celeb so its all pink champagne and letting the fans lick his boots, he works like the rest of us, yes it’s a great job (OK I don’t really work a lot these days) but a job is a job and after a long day where you are expecting a meal at a hotel you really should get it.

Just imagine a group of miners arriving back at the surface after a long dayin the mine to be told the canteen is serving a cold salad, would they smile and say Oooooooo YUM. . . . I think not.

So BBC if you read this (which is unlikely as I am merely a member of the public with idealist left wing tendencies) just get everyone to say sorry to each other shake hands and get Top Gear back on the TV and Mr Clarkson back driving round that track telling us that This car steers like a python covered in grease on a frozen pond in Norwich on a cold wet Sunday while being watched by nuns . . . Oooo hang on you WOULDN'T get nuns in Norwich.



Letters of complain, demanding the sacking of Mr C the following week because of the implications of no nuns in Norwich

10 comments:

  1. I have no idea what you are talking about so I wiLL have to go investigate the situation and person.

    I saw a game show host doing a commercial the other day for a medical device, and maybe he is s'pposed to have some credibility, I don't know. At the bottom of the opening screen of the commercial it has his name and under the name it has "Television Personality" - I am thinking, Television Personality, say, couldn't that just reaLLy be anyone who has spent some time in front of a TV camera? How does that add to him knowing anything about a medical device's benefits? Bizarre.

    It may turn out to be a veRy important day for us, and I wiLL e-mail later when I know more details and developments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mr ESB not sure what happened to my comment I maybe forgot to hit publish (silly me).

      I was basically saying I was pleased to hear that you dont have a clue who he is or what the show is about. It is nice to know that what happens in the wonderful world of celebs only happens in a small part of the world. It puts the whole affair into perspective as a small splash in a very big sea.

      Good luck with your big day I will check email in the morning it is a bit late here and I need something hot to eat. . . . . Hang on I sound like Mr Clarkson now DAMN.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I hate that Clarkson, but that's more to do with the fact that his ego is so big, it rivals that of Ms Katie Hopkins, or the Crone, as I like to call her. Though I suspect that crones everywhere, are bitterly opposed to being likened to such a hag...as are hags.

    I do however love Top Gear and anyone who watches, will get the feeling that most of what Clarkson says, is done so as to intentionally wind people up. I'm sure the full details will emerge soon. But it does seem that sitting on the naughty step once in a while, is not working for JC and no, I don't mean Jesus Christ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a much bigger ego than poor old Mr Clarkson, but I am modest and keep the fact that I am in fact a genius entirely to myself.

      DAMN, well I have up till now.

      Delete
    2. I was pretty sure you might be a genius, I was just waiting for you to confirm it.

      Delete
    3. I deny everything. . . . . . .

      Delete
  3. My hubby watches Top Gear, I know he enjoys it. I don't know all the details except what you listed here. It is terrible that any public figure is chastised so much with what they say, that they always have to be 100% on, that they can never have a bad day or say anything bad about anything. The general audience probably doesn't hold themselves to such a high standard, but expects that from public figures.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Mr Clarkson does like to play with the masses, which is why folk either love him or hate him. But what folk forget is the fact that he is a bit of a mischievous devil and its his little game.

      Delete
  4. Comparing Clarkson’s needs after work to those of a miner after a long shift underground is surely a joke?
    In poor taste, but a joke nevertheless.

    Isn’t it about time arseholes like Clarkson, be they ever so talented, learned to behave themselves? He is way past schoolboy age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH I can see you are not a fan and I do understand why but I have made the point I am rather left politically and was always anti thatcher (who did not do much for the miners) and anti most of the political leaders since . . Bring back Michael Foot is what I say I liked him..

      I like art I have painting from three extremely left wing people two of who have now sadly died. One of which was a bevin boy and I am proud to own one of his mining pictures (OK it is not worth much, but that is not the point with art. He himself was always proud of his mining days so I am not belittling the miners merely making a point. Just because someone appears to have a charmed easy life as a celeb does not mean they do. We all have to work look after our families and do the general day to day things of life like sleep eat go places we dont want to (AH I dont do that much anymore) and so on, even Mr Clarkson. So it is very possible he was tired hungry and stressed and may have lost it and shouted, folk do.

      The media like to hype stuff just look at the News of the World and now Mirror Group it seems to be OK to push folk to the edge with iffy stories and the like so what we know of Jeremy Clarkson as a person is limited. I like him on Top Gear but if we discussed Politics I might say . . well he is an arsehole . . .too.

      Celebs always have ego's and in his case it does sometimes mean he will push things to the edge but as a car chap he is very good and funny . . . . . OK yes as a politician he is rubbish. And I have the advantage that I am much older an wiser than Mr Clarkson . . . . . but cant drive as fast.

      Delete