Thursday 5 July 2012

The moon, the sun, the pirate and the spy.


The sun shone today it was a lovely sunny warm day, normally in July we would all say so what it is July in the Northern hemisphere so what’s the big deal, after all you whinged about the heat wave then whinged about the rain so what is the problem.  Well the thing is the weathermen on the wireless on the BBC are telling us that the gods plan to throw their entire wrath at the UK tomorrow bringing forth the rains of hell. As it happens Napoleon Beelzebub says it never rains in hell it is just too hot, but I think he just being a bit picky with words.

So as I write we have a blue sky and swallows going tricks like triple somersaults round the power lines nibbling the odd insect as they do. I’m thinking well is it or is not going to do as the weathermen say should I get everyone to dress up in sou'wester jackets, boots, hats, gloves and all the stuff we did last time which just lead to disaster.






Earlier today Miss Fionaski the Famous Russian Spy called by to show us her new spy shoes with the secret hidden compartment in the heel, which is secret and I must not tell you about……… AH sorry. Mum says IDIOT. She was telling us of the secret mapping of the moon she has been doing on her trusty Russian Zorki 4K regulation spy camera, and how her undercover work has found out what has happened to the weather in the UK. It appears Captain Nessman of the High Seas has run off with summer and left us with all the rain.  I did tell Miss Fionaski that I knew that, but I was sworn to secrecy by Captain Nessman, comrade at arms upon the high seas HAR HAR HAR HAR HARDY HAR.   

Anyway I must away now and look at the sun before it vanishes to be replaced by huge black clouds, thunder, lightning, wind and wild things. Just in case anyone is wondering by the way dad would like to point out he has unplugged the weather machine and it is covered in canvas sheets, apparently it does not work very well in the rain. So he says its not his fault…. 



Please note they do use the odd swear word 

8 comments:

  1. Hmmm...probably best not to bother with the sou'wester, jacket, boots et al - just start building the Ark!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I trimmed the dead parts of your pineapple leaves today, and recycled them back into its soil as weLL as getting a few dead leaves off another pineapple plant, so that should improve the soil. I was planning on establishing that particular soil as sovereign British soil as it can be an embassy of Rob Z Tobor. At the moment it has a definite location but in the Sep-May part of the year it will move inside, so it is a bit flexible. If we could just get a few more people to dedicate a piece of soil to you, then we could get a Rob Empire that the sun never sets upon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe if it moves inside during Sep-May (which is something I do myself), it would be possible to leave the light on. Thus creating the illusion of am empire the sun never sets on.

      I would like to have a small Embassy where pineapple growers could claim political asylum. It would be like the old film 'Passport to Pimlico' only smaller and sunnier

      Delete
    2. I s'ppose I could instaLL a skylight in that part of my house or set up an elaborate system of mirrors to reflex sunlight nto the pineapples, that would probably increase their production and heat my house. ActuaLLy most of the sources for energy used in illumination indirectly get their energy source from the sun. Even moonlight is reaLLy reflected sunlight, so that makes it even easier to accomplish the Sun Never Sets On The British Empire thingie. The only word in Portuguese that my niece knows is the word for pineapple, so recently at a large family gathering I held up a piece of pineapple and called out her name and she looked at me, smiled, and said "abacaxai". I think that is how you speLL it. It is pronounced ah-bah-cah-she.

      Delete
  3. well if you give us some rain, our brown grass crunches, we'll give you some sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, could we trade? I would love that a lot. My trusty pal Rob (I really hope he doesn't mind me calling him that) would probably agree with me.
      Let's speak to the weathermen and decide upon some sort of weather exchange?
      M. x

      Delete
    2. I feel I may be a Rusty pal at present

      Delete