Thursday 11 May 2017

Hello I am almost back but not quite

 O Yes it is true I am almost back but not quite, you see I along with a friend who is a trusted builder have destroyed the bathroom in my house. I have to say it was planned we did not just say. . . . Hey lets trash the bathroom. . . . And then remove an entire wall, all the tiles off two other walls, the floor and part of the ceiling, leaving an empty shell.  It is the final-ish part of what has been a long term master plan to update the house and after the bathroom has been done there will be no major work left to do just decor to make everything look interesting. My wife and I do not believe in the white wall and minimal content we like colour and I like stuff and lots of it. Although having said that I like nice stuff, you know Indian gods made of ceramics, mummified  ancient chinese fabled flying dragons. and little things that no is quite sure what they do.

This work has meant  Shed of the Year 2099, my own little personal project has come to a halt again for a few days. It has been inspected by my friend and building advisor who has said it is looking good but making twiddly bits can be a bit of a pain. . . I entirely agree and I have to admit he did say not to do it, but it is in my DNA I just have to add towers and little stained glass windows and curves and other architectural texture so that the shed is not just a shed. 

A bit of detail from Shed of the year 2099



Here in Britain we have a TV show called Shed of the Year and the plan is to enter the finished shed, but I have well and truly missed this year's final entry date. The good point about that is by next year this shed will look awesome, although I will admit that may be a biased opinion.

Well thats it I will go now but you now know what I am up too and I will be back soon to blog on a more regular basis . . . But not quite yet.     

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting and good luck with your blog. it can be a tough lonely life in cyberspace being a blogger. OK maybe that is just my blog. But we must battle on and smile and be nice. . . mostly nice. . . . OK a bit grumpy-ish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are extremely busy. Take your time. Make your work beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning to make a beautiful summerhouse. . .

      Delete
  3. So is all the work done now? Just on another lines, I thought, that leaving the bathroom just as a shell would also have a charm...a signature peculiarity!!! what do you say??
    -------------------
    Anagha from Team MocktailMommies
    Rewind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo sorry I missed you . . . it Looks rather cool in the bathroom now, I must put a pic on the blog at some point but I am still working on a grand masterplan so very busy.

      Delete