Saturday 6 July 2019

Sunny days, Sid the Seagull (Pigeon) and a DVD


Ok yes this diary is rubbish I have not written anything for ages, but there is a reason. Well sort of a reason  . . . . It’s sunny. Was that someone muttering is that it . . . Well yes it is; I mean this is Britain and sunny is a fickle thing that we don’t see a lot of particularly in the summer when it is meant to be sunny. What all this means is I have been able to get some work done outside and on the workshop. . . . Yes yes I have said all this before, but diaries are like that, not like in the movies where they edit out all the repetition and boring things

So I have cut grass both at the front and back of the house, although the pesky grass grows rather fast so by the time you get it all cut it needs cutting again which is annoying and tiring and does not make for an exciting diary. Particularly when there are no Zombies and Mr Ratty and his pals have all left. We suspect that one of our neighbours getting rid of their chickens and hutch and another rebuilding some old farm buildings may have made the critters restless. That’s Mr Ratty and the Zombies.
Anyway I have been working on my workshop and so far all is going well, I will be adding a few pictures of it soon, it is even keeping exactly on budget well the outside is and it is entirely watertight  . . . . . OK it does not have a door yet but I have a plan.

OOOooooo  I must mention Sid the Seagull who is a pigeon although from a distance he looks like a seagull. He/she is a fancy beast and almost tame, I say almost because it will get within  a few feet but will not let me touch him/her to check its rings. It has three rings on its legs and I am assuming it is a bit lost. It was certainly very hungry the first day it turned up (2-3 days ago).

And I bought a DVD from Spain for my car which arrived snapped in two, but a new one was sent and the car is happy and knows where it is going again . . . . One of us needs too I get lost very easily.



4 comments:

  1. Glad you are taking care of Sid the Wannabe Seagull!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he might have left today to continue his journey . . . I am assuming he is heading home and is safe. Well I hope he is.

      Delete
  2. I am glad the car was not snapped in two .. or three ... or four .... or more .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No the car is fickle but robust. Its an old Range Rover and they do have a bit of a reputation for tempramental electrics. But the Satnav works . . . . . . . . Well I say works with the new DVD in it knows all the new roads but it has no voice so it sort of works almost.

      Delete