Sunday 1 May 2016

The A to Z Challenge 2016 Reflections Post



We have reached the ever popular A to Z Challenge reflections post again  and as you know each year I like to take a different approach and write something new. Only this year there is a problem because I can’t remember what I have written in previous years DAMN. Well no matter, I do know that those of us who write a reflections post have successfully negotiated all the letters from A to Z even those tricky ones like P or F; Phew they can be stubborn like critters hiding in the undergrowth squeaking and nibbling at the edges of our trusty QWERTY keyboards, cant they.



I did take a slightly different approach to commenting this year and only commented on blogs in response to a comment on my own blog and there is no denying this had a profound effect indeed. You see it meant that except for the trusty regulars who visit me all year round only one person came and visited on a regular basis, which meant I commented on their blog on a regular basis. And so this year I would like to thank Tamara Narayan for her persistence in visiting a blog that is generally shunned and looked upon with much horror and disdain by many, particularly when I write poetry. But as I am sure she can tell you herself I do leave some interesting comments at times.

I do like the A to Z and each year despite the cries of O NO GO AWAY I sneak back and hide at the back of the queue and try to do something different, but very much within the underlying principles of the A to Z. Only in a grumpy and maverick way because that is the sort of annoying chap I am, and it is why I am often told to stand on the naughty step. Luckily I always hire a stunt double and they have to stand on the naughty step while I sit at home drinking tea and plotting my next plan and wondering who I can annoy in cyberspace. Well I say annoy, but I fear due to my polite and middle class upbringing, the lack of sex, violence or rude words or swear words rather than annoy I may just slightly confuse folk.

If you have been confused or annoyed by my Poetic A to Z then all I have to say is HAH AHAhahah ahah ah ha haha ha ha ha ha  ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hahah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha   ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Finally I would like to say thanks to Mr B for a grand idea, thanks to all those who work in the background who make it all work and quietly tell folk to avoid a mad bloke called Rob Z Tobor, and not forgetting Miss lily who continues to follow this blog even when I write poetry or alternative Harry Potter stories which Miss JK Rowling shakes her head at muttering about a deranged mind who cannot type or spell . . . . .  


And thanks Mr H and Mr ESB and the Japanese for your continued support.

Well that has just about thanked everyone, but without you all and the continued support of my family and the cats, although the cats are a bit rubbish in truth, I would never have won this Oscar for the best. . . . . . . . . HANG ON . . . . . . . DAMN

    

So see you all next year then . . . . . . Maybe?


19 comments:

  1. Thank you Mr Z. And I will continue to follow you whilst there are still fishes in the sea. By the way, fish stocks are slowly being depleted, so...er...it might not be for long...
    I doubt very much that the lack of sex, violence or rude words/swear words had anything to do with annoying or confusing folk, most people just weren't looking beyond their own posts, or were only following/reading people in the same category as their own.

    Our blogs are unique Mr Z, so many people won't get it. But I'm quite proud of that fact. Still, we had fun and I loved each and every one of your A-Z posts. Long may you reign.

    Oh and does the Z in Rob Z Tobor really stand for Zillion? Please say it's true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Miss Lily. I did decide before I even started that I would only respond to folk who visited my own blog so I am a bit guilty of not looking beyond my own blog. However I have in the past visited all the blogs and commented on hundreds and it did not make a huge difference once the A to Z finished. I think the truth is this is a jolly for most and there are only so many blogs you can follow and comments you can make who ever you are. I am happy to stick with the handful I know and like. Maybe I should try and do something more with the better stories and poems I write but as you say we are somewhat unique in our approach so certainly in my own case fame and fortune are a distant mad dream that will not happen. . . . . . DAMN.

      As for the Z it does indeed stand for Zillion, but it should also be remembered as you know that Rob Z Tobor is an alias. Something us Rich and famous have to do (OK not rich or famous) in order to maintain anonymity in the wide world of cyberspace, although that is a secret (DAMN).

      Delete
    2. Rob Z Tobor will always be more than an alias to me. And if you are rich and famous, can you lend us a fiver? I'm out of cheesy Doritos.

      Delete
    3. I hilariously loved your "will always be more than an alias to me." Mmm, Nacho Cheese Door Eat Toes

      Delete
    4. Miss lily I am not rich or famous yet, but on the plus side I am happy (DAMN sorry I mean Grumpy). In order to help you to a healthy lifestyle I will eat those cheesy Doritos myself and I will promise not to enjoy them one bit.

      Hello Mr ESB I hope all is well The problem with being an alias is that folk now think of me as the alias and not me so me is sort of the alias I think. All I know is it is far more complex that it should be for a chap who likes stuff simple.

      Delete
  2. There is a Dark Dark Secret that P and F are really the same ancient leTTer. We are not sure if P gained a ) as an F or if P lost a ) to become F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Mr ESB I had not thought about this, but it plainly explains everything and it probably is the reason we have words like organophosphate and Photograph where a degree of confusion led to the use of the PH sound instead of F. This English language is Phickle and thats Phour sure . . . (or do I mean foreshore)?

      Delete
    2. Yes, that is what you mean.

      Delete
    3. You are right. .. . . I do Yes

      Delete
  3. LOL, yeah, I only participate to meet new people, so I always end up with new friends out of the challenge. But I did notice most people don't visit other blogs, so I probably won't be participating again. But it was fun while it lasted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have time issues so something had to give, it is certainly true though that fewer folk are visiting other blogs that when I first did it.

      Delete
  4. I managed to get around to lots of blogs during the A to Z Challenge - but didn't get to yours. Oh how I wish I had! I am randomly dipping into your A to Zs and loving the daftness of it all (that's a compliment, by the way). My favourite so far - Halibut. I have now added you to my list of blogs I shall revisit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit. I have been and commented but forgot to add one here. . . . . . .I am a silly chap indeed with the brain of a forgetful goldfish.

      I am glad you liked my poetry it can be a bit odd.

      Delete
  5. What a delight to have your Reflections post lead me here! The challenge may be over, but now I actually have the time and you can bet I'll be hanging around working my way backwards through this fabulousness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very kind indeed I do like the A to Z but I am a fairly prolific blogger so it is a nice little challenge (I guess thats why ifs called the A to Z challenge . . . silly me)

      I will find your reflections post in a bit to be nice and stuff as that is the sort of chap I am. . . Only I need a Bacon butty first.

      Once again many thanks for visiting

      Delete
  6. For a guy who initially said he might not do the A to Z, you did an amazing job with your poetry. Sorry I didn't make it during April, but I appreciated your presence nonetheless. It was amazing what you did with your poetry on such short notice.

    Another job well done. You are indeed an alphabet maven--that or a raving lunatic. Well, I guess you could be both.

    Thanks, Rob, for the participation and the entertaining Reflections post.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr B you should realise by now that I am like a mad moth attracted to a huge A to Z beacon. I may be doomed for life to do it even if I say I refuse to do another one.

      I refuse to do another one, by the way (maybe)

      And I always enjoy the reflections post and try to keep it light-hearted . . . well I enjoy it so thats cool.

      Thanks again Mr B and keep on Blogging. As if we have a choice.

      Delete
  7. Congrats on completing the challenge :) I did have a lot of visitors through the challenge but I visited a lot of people too so that's maybe why.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Visiting makes a huge difference, but I am a bit grumpy and had limited time this year. But thanks for your visit it is very kind. ( I spelt almost every word wrong in that. . . .my typing is getting worse)

      Delete