Sunday 28 February 2016

Poetry for the Great Mechanical Zombie Bird

Being a lazy chap I have decided to repeat an old poem from back when I wrote less poetry, a time also when my little blog was a lot more active. Maybe there is a link, the more poetry I write the less folk read it, is it possible that I write the most unpopular poetry in the world. Well that is something to be proud of and that's for sure. I mean if you think about it, it is almost impossible to name one famous poet who was unpopular and in a relatively short period of time I have already achieved 50% of that goal. And after tomorrow I will be officially a full time poet in residence . . .


     

The Great Mechanical Zombie Bird
Has never been seen
And has never been heard
With its pointy talons
And its scary beak
It is a beast of which folk do not speak
Yet in the shadows in the dark
It’s waiting lurking
Like a shark
And as you drift off into sleep
Out of the shadows it will creep
And bite your head off in one go
Just to ensure that you do know
That the Great Mechanical Zombie Bird
Although it has never been seen
And never been heard
Is very real
Although quite absurd.
Because it’s the Great Mechanical Zombie Bird.



Who's a Pretty Parot-dox 

No comments:

Post a Comment