Sunday 31 August 2014

We have reached the END again . . . . (Volume Four)



We have reached the end of Volume Four of the Slightly Eccentric Diary of Rob Z Tobor and all I can say is it has not gone well.  Many of the main characters have vanished and it has sort of metamorphosed into me rambling even more than ever.

Ironically while on the subject of metamorphosed I was attacked only a few minutes ago by a Vampire Moth which was trying to suck the blood out of my hand. Luckily my hand was slightly protected by a sweet sticky coating, the result of eating gooey cake. This gave me time to take the moth outside and put him on a solar light to confuse him, allowing me time to get back in and lock the patio door before he turned up with all his mates. No one wants to be attacked by Vampire Moths.

Anyway as I have said already this is the END of, The Slightly Eccentric Diary of Rob Z Tobor (volume four) and so I thought I should go and hunt for the ant that brought about the end of volume one, two and three, again I did not find it so I am now sat on the patio pondering the grand finale . . . .  Ooooooo guess what a small ant has wandered across the patio and it appears to have found a small red button saying DO NOT PRESS. This sounds very very very familiar, ants are curious creatures so I think he is going to try and press the button  . . . . . . ..


OH No he is not going to get away with it this time I will stop him by putting my foot on the button so he can't press it. . . . . AH DAMN I think I may have been a bit enthusiastic doing that . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

11 comments:

  1. I noticed there were 1758 periods at the end of your blog post, so I checked the year 1758 to see what happened that year. On Christmas Day Halley's comet came around again for the first time after Halley had discovered it's periodicity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if ever there was a sign of something special, that has got to be it. I am a little worried that you counted that lot but I guess it is easier than it would first seem.

      I too will be coming back possibly tomorrow with Volume Five although I have to go and use my skills at soldering learnt at British Aerospace a long time ago making small fiddly things. . .

      Delete
    2. ActuaLLy "counting" a large group of evenly spaced objects is quite easy to do with great accuracy by grouping with copy & paste, then busting apart visuaLLy. The amount of time involved is not linear and can approach a square root function of effort versus size of the group. It also aLLows you to spot places of irregularity in a structure like a missing space, for instance, about half way into the structure. I don't spend to much time soldering, much more brazing copper tubing. I am starting to use my smaLL balances more in my printing business. I did get my first grape harvest finished with maybe close to 2 gallons volume of grapes on stems. Of course I probably ate a gallon of grapes besides those two, and that was essentiaLLy just two plants out of four.

      Happy September! My favorite month ....

      Delete
    3. Well done on the Grapes, we removed the grape wine in the greenhouse as the grapes just went moldy and never ripened. I have a feeling it was the wrong variety for our location.

      It is a bit ironic really as just up the road about 3-4 miles is a vineyard. although they are a bit twitchy this year as the weather is not idea at present. . . . a bit wet and dull.

      September in Britain can be warm and sunny or cold and wet. . .I think some sun is predicted.

      Delete
    4. I don't think I have heard of grapes being in a greenhouse before. I did take an interesting picture of my uncle's okra in Idaho in his greenhouse. I need to get that in the mail to him.

      Delete
  2. Well done on completing the fourth anthology. I am currently printing out your Blog posts from the last year, and I will bind them together and place them on my bookshelf, as I always do. The bookcase is already screaming "nooooo!", which is a bit weird since my bookcase looks like a man named Chris who I hired to curate my books. I don't think my bookcase enjoys supporting the weight of your illustrious works. Greenpeace are campaigning outside my house for destroying around 20% of the Amazon with my consumerist habits. I'll give them your telephone number as I'm sure they'd like to thank you personally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since the introduction of the PC folk use more paper. I guess in the old days you actually had to write on it with pens. Now with the click of a button a printer will churn stuff out without effort.

      This would imply if you dont want folk to do things dont make it easy.

      Well done on printing the book I will have to make a small charge though . . . .say £158.34p per volume sounds good. if it is in a hardback cover I will have to charge extra. . .

      . . .

      Delete
  3. Huzzah! Huzzah!
    We've come this far.
    Well done on Volume 4.
    I can't wait to see what happens,
    in Volume 5..... (ah damn!)



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Poetry of the Gods . . . . . Sorry I mean your Poetry has gone to the Dogs. . . . . .AHH AH AH AHHA HAH Ahha ah ah a hah aha ahahah aha aha ha ha ah ha .

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Rob. Looking forward to the fifth vol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Neer. . . . It is amazing how time flies. . . .

      Delete