Monday 4 August 2014

THe Ghost Bi-Plane, WW1 and the Mole




Yesterday I mentioned that I had put a load of moth balls down into the Moles run in order to shift him out of our lawn. It is said that Moles hate the smell and will head off to pastures new, well it sort of worked, it did move all of three or four feet further into the middle of the lawn. However luck was on my side because after a quick trip to the Castle of the Bishop to get provisions I noticed on our return a new mound in the lawn since we had been out. So I grabbed a spade a pair of gloves and the hose and leapt into action. First I dug in behind the new mound and then turned the hose on to full blast to fill the Moles now limited run. 

Within a few seconds the Mole appeared on the surface of the grass to escape the flood where I grasped it in my gloved hand and put it in a plastic container. It was then transported to a place where Moles can run free (dig Free) . So it is one happy Mole . . . . . I say happy but do Moles do happy?

We also had a visit from Miss Vicky then we had a visit from Miss Jo and Charlie Junior who hid under a pile of large umbrellas.

Then after everyone left and we were clearing up a very strange thing happened, an old Bi-Plane flew over head, but rather than head off into the distance it turned round two or three times and then proceeded to do a fancy aerial display.  So we stood outside for a while watching the Bi-Plane doing loop the loops and barrel rolls and the like before it eventually headed back to where ever it can from. What is particularly strange is that it is exactly 100 years to the day since the start of world war one (WW1) and why a Bi-Plane would do such a display over a tiny village in the middle of nowhere is a mystery. I am assuming it was probably a Ghost Bi-Plane and will return again in one hundred years time.


Ooooooo yes I will be drumming tonight too.



.


I would also add, I was not impressed by the closing ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. . . .Typical Glasgow Night Out had so much scope and they did a packet of chips and Whatshername singing. . .

14 comments:

  1. I find that no matter where I go, I am always eXactly in the middle of now here, just a smaLL space a way from nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds very profound Mr ESB, and sentiments I can relate too. . . . And a very small Mole now has a new and larger space to be free and safe.

      Delete
  2. "Spirit in the Sky" came out when I was in eighth grade. I had just about forgotten it. It was good to hear it (the long version, no less) again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seemed like an appropriate song bearing in mind the Bi-plane turning up from nowhere and the day . . . .

      Delete
  3. I always thought that Spirit in the sky was about a huge bottle of gin left up in heaven. If it is, then that's where I wanna go when I die.

    p.s, is anyone else's google+ not working, along with my constantly disappearing and reappearing blog list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo I have had that vanishing blog list thing on and off for months. . . Interestingly since all that lightning and the storms a few weeks ago I have heard of many many folk having all sorts of problems with various things. I have had some issues but not with the blog it has been one thing that seems to have kept working come what may.

      Delete
    2. Sometimes I just refresh my web screen and the blog list then maGicaLLy aPPearS.

      Delete
    3. Magic is the key word, I am off to catch a frog, pick the roots of the Lycopersicon esculentum, and walk in small circles at midnight humming with a seagull on my head. Its a long shot but worth a go. . . .

      Delete
    4. You say lycopersicon esculentum, I say tomato. (I thought that sounded a bit familiar but I guessed wrong)

      Delete
    5. I knew you would know Mr ESB, we are curious souls, I think it is the scientist in us.

      Delete
  4. I've never seen a bisexual plane before. I guess they are pretty useful because they will take anyone anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Mr Addman and I believe they even use Props.

      Delete
    2. I wonder if it would fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars, let me see what spring is like.

      Delete