Monday 25 August 2014

Sir Richard Attenborough. The Creature from the Black Lagoon and the Loss of a Library






Sadly Sir Richard Attenborough died yesterday just before his ninety first birthday and although sad one has to say 91 is not a bad age to get too. He was rather famous but I can’t help but think that some folk are going to get him confused, because folk are not always as well informed about stuff as they should be. In order to alleviate this possible error I would just like to say I was really impressed when he did that documentary where he got to sit with all those Gorillas in the Jurassic Park out in Borneo or the like. He even once taught a Phoenix to fly, how cool is that.

And who could forget his directing in the film Gandalf, where the peaceful wizard leads his people to freedom despite the terrible ways of the Imperialists led by the terrible Darth Vader or was it Queen Victoria?

But my own personal favourite was his appearance as the Creature from the Black Lagoon in The Great Escape, Just for a short time I thought he had the German guards fooled too.

In other news the office is not the office (thats at home not work) any longer what was the library is now the office and we no longer have a library.  And what was the office is now an empty room with some stuff in it that has not been moved yet.


Ooooo and I have been playing drums to scare the grey and rain away, it might work who can tell.  

10 comments:

  1. Wow, I had no idea how accomplished Sir Richard Attenborough was. I mean, I loved his work as all of the apes in Congo. And his turn as the mercury in An Inconvenient Truth was mesmerizing. But to know he taught the Phoenix to fly, is just a reminder of how diversified and amazing his accomplishments to pop culture were and are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was certainly a man of many talents his well known painting called Lady in Blue which he did in 1780 sorry I mean 1980 will stand out as one of the many surprises no doubt. . . And I can think of many more..

      Delete
  2. I think your rain came here, thanks. I do not know Sir Richard Attenborrough well, I will need to read about him I guess. 91 is a good number, I hope to make it to triple digits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it may be someone elses rain as we still have ours. I too would hope to make it to at least triple digits as long as I can remain a grumpy mad bloke and able to wave a pointy stick at passers by. Sir Richard Attenborough was a talented chap indeed much like myself only unlike myself folk did not think he was a mad idiot. . . . .

      Delete
    2. I think you are more of a mad idea-ist (a good thing).

      Delete
    3. that sounds good to me. . . .

      Delete
  3. RIP Richard Attenborough. You will be sorely missed as the rampant atheist and evolutionary biologist that you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed The Planet of the Apes would not have been the suspense spy thriller it was without him. He was a one off . . . except for his brother so there were two of them.

      Delete
  4. There is no doubt in my mind that one of his finger nails got caught in some amber and is now being experiment upon by some crazy minded scientists who will soon be opening GERIATRIC PARK. Where reconstructed old men, roam around looking lost, queueing up for a post office that will never open and complaining about how things used to be..... scary stuff I'm sure you'll agree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Mr H although in my own limited experience of queueing in post offices I have always found the little old ladies the really scary ones. . . I find once you show an old chap a wind up watch and mention the pick and mix in Woolworths they mellow. I know a post office that never seems to open but its run by a old chap who sort of gets confused and spends much time counting to ensure things are right.

      Delete