Saturday 2 August 2014

Proof of the eccentricity of life in the Country and therefore Alien life by default





I was pondering about what to write about as life ticks by in an almost normal fashion at present. This is good but also rather bad as the very nice Steven Spielberg is hardly likely to rush to the rolling hills of Shropshire to make the film of ordinary life in the county even if we have a few Zombies roaming about and Aliens in the woods pursued by Mr Jones in the nude who is in turn pursued by the police as folk complain that Mr Jones is in the woods naked again.  And then there are the Lemmings of Petrograd, The Dark Creature of the Undergrowth, Esmeralda catapulting the goat in the general direction of the out of town supermarket, Freddie teaching his ferrets to do tricks, and the odd Banshee at night.

So you can see it is hard to find new and interesting stuff to write about although I did think I saw an Alien at the Commonwealth Games last night on the TV running in a race, but he did not really do very well so that can't be right. Unless a virus has afflicted the aliens and they are suffering like they did in the film the War of the Worlds (the old film not the newer rubbish one)

Anyway as I was saying I was pondering that there was nothing to write about when an advert in the local County Times came to my rescue, it is good when stuff like this happens because it shows that I don’t make this stuff up it all really happens out here in the sticks.  You see tomorrow is Tough Harry’s Fun Day in Churchstoke and they have all sorts of things going on, but one particular item caught my eye (no not like catching a ball).


Yes its true there will be DANCING SHEEP. . . . . .WHAT? . . . . . .  I have not seen dancing sheep before and until now did not know that sheep danced. I have no plans to go and see the dancing sheep I am just satisfied that just for once I have hard evidence of the bizarre events of life here, and besides I have a horrible feeling I might just end up disappointed if I go. . . . . . .. . . .

.


.

22 comments:

  1. I wish I lived where you do, it sounds so much interesting than where I am.
    Also, I would pay good money to see a dancing sheep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Laura these things happen where you are too. It is not what happens it is how you interpret what happens that counts. . . The world is full of magic if we look closely at it.

      Delete
  2. I was just at my best friend's house earlier today and her husband was teLLing about dancing deer. One day he saw a deer jumping straight up in the air coming back down repeatedly in the same spot with it hooves close together. His hunting guide said that probably means that the deer is trying to kill a snake. So that might be the way to have dancing sheep. Just add snakes to sheep in a confined space. Sheep leap to break snakes, it behooves them to be hooving them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure that the local snakes are that harmful in Britain. In general Britain only has the one dangerous animal that we need to watch and that is humans.

      Behooves made me think of beehives and I how have a image of Swarming Sheep, that sounds complicated.

      I also thought where would these sheep go to Dance. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .A BAAAAAAAAAAAAAn Dance. . . . HAH AH AH HAHAH HA HAH ha ha ha hahah ah ah ah ah ah ha ha ha hah ah ah ah ah ah haha ha ha hah a ha hah ah ah ha ah ha

      That may the the worst joke I have ever written on this blog

      Delete
    2. No,nononono, no, you are quite wRong this one instance, that was a great joke, I laughed a bunch even though I risked great migratory cerebral pain. Isn't Lily fun?

      Delete
    3. I should design a snake breaking dancing deer shirt.

      Delete
    4. Shirt caption, "When deer appear to fly, there is a snake to break and it must die"

      Delete
    5. Not sure snakes would approve Mr ESB.

      Delete
    6. On my trip to South Dakota I got to meet a tiny deer named Bambi, and feed it a bottle of milk. I also fed a turkey part of a cookie. I had no interactions with snakes that I know about. It was raining so heavily in Nebraska that I could have ran over plenty of them on the road and neVer knew it.

      Delete
    7. I have never seen a snake on a road here. Mainly grass snakes in the grass. . . .

      Delete
  3. I'm beginning to suspect Mr Z, that where you currently reside, there lies a hotbed of supernatural activity under that sleepy rural village...and possibly even a real hot bed.
    Strange how it all started when you moved there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever did happen to Esmeralda?

      Delete
    2. She will return I have a plan . . . sort of

      Delete
  4. Maybe Shropshire is a supervolcano, a magma chamber, or there are a bunch of hidden microwave ovens. One of my favorite poems, "Terence, This Is Stupid Stuff", by A.E. Housman, takes place near him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sorry, this was s'pposed to be a response to Lily.

      Delete
    2. I will have to investigate the poem but first I have to work out hoe to catch a mole. . . . .

      DAMN these strange little beasts.

      Delete
    3. It is possible to catch a mole in a hole with a pole or a hoe. If using a hoe it is likely to result in a hidden subterrainean decapitation. The word decapitation means, "to permanently remove the o-bject which a cap is worn."

      Delete
    4. I am trying to catch it alive and happy-ish I am not one for killing things if I dont need too. But moles are jolly hard things to catch humanely.

      Delete
    5. Oh, alive. I found a reusable humane mole trap on Amazon. It has trap doors.

      Delete
    6. I have caught the beast alive using a hose and a glove.

      Delete
    7. Where did you find such tiny gloves to fit a mole?!?!?!?

      Delete