Thursday 21 August 2014

Politics and Religion and the Islamic State









Every now and again I get all serious and have a little rant about the world and its weaknesses and today is one of these days.  As we know an American photojournalist became the victim of what was called revenge by the people that killed him, who are part of the so called Islamic State.  What this has done is highlight the barbaric nature of what the group say is a religious quest for their own state.  However by saying that the death of the American was revenge says much. Revenge is not high on his list of aspirations for mankind by any god even a strict Sunni Muslin one I suspect.

I am no expert on religion but the most successful ones are those that have tolerance of others fairly high up the list, and I have long said that in my own opinion the world of Micro Gods offers the best option to a better world. The Sunni jihadists of the so called Islamic State are probably the least tolerant bunch of them all.  I suspect in the end the total lack of compassion and tolerance will be their downfall.  It amazes me that they have been able to get  funding,  but the general opinion appears to be that it comes from some of the Sunni ruled gulf states who are playing tactics with the Shia Muslim ruled Countries.  This in turn has just helped to further destabilise most of the Middle East, and as I have said before these events can not be managed they are subject to the principles of Chaos theory.  The West itself has found that out when intervention in these countries has only made the situation more complex and more violent.

It appears as far as I can tell that the Sunni jihadists of the so called Islamic State are very likely the puppets of people with their own political agenda using the religious fanaticism of this group for their own political ends. It is just very sad that the feelings and lives of the ordinary people are lost, and a man who did his bit to help the ordinary folk of this region is killed in revenge or as I suspect more in a case of spitefulness. The only thing I can hope is none of those involved in the financing or fighting of this group will ever meet their Gods.  In fact I'm fairly confident they will not.


So what is the solution, well to tell the truth I have absolutely no idea? . . . . . .But the world would be so much better if everyone showed some respect for their fellow man and tolerated the views and ideas of others.    

12 comments:

  1. My solution for myself is to ignore them, they just want attention. I can reaLLy only seem to find peace for myself and my dog. So our two-niverse is fairly good, fiLLed with love and affection and multiple things to snack on, grape vines to tend together, and snuggle. The whole Middle East could disappear tomorrow and be magicaLLy transported to Mars and everyone left behind would be better off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need a good person bad person detector, that way we could make everyone wear a colour coded hat to say if the are good or bad or mainly good with a bit of bad ect.

      Or it would be useful if God turned up and we could sort out all this religion once and for all.

      Delete
    2. I think it wouldn't work. Someone told me he showed up a few times and people were not believing him, even stealing his fruit. We should go with your hat idea. But I think even then it would turn into a hat versus caps thing, with the Hatastants fighting the the Capolics. Then the beret people, oh, you can almost neVer trust certain people who either wear one or don't and teLL you that they wear one. Then the scarf manufacturers would start ...

      Delete
    3. You are probably right about God, folk would demand proof and say things like turn this water into wine and that pigeon into gold. And I kind of think God would just think . . . You lot are rubbish, I'm off . . . .

      Yes we would fight over our hats too. . . . I am starting to think I may demand to come back as an Alien so I can abduct the odd earthling for an hour or two (when I say odd I mean odd as in strange). Its entirely harmless and gives them a certain notoriety and avoids conflict leading to any sort of war. It is a statistical fact that aliens from another planet have never started any wars on Earth (except in films or books).

      Delete
    4. I thought about this a little more, and I think that one of the fundamental problems that humans have is an inability to accept that they could be wrong about something, or that their entire society could be wrong about something.

      Delete
    5. You're Right. . . . . . . . . . .AH DAMN.

      Delete
    6. Hah, you just crossed over to 1/8 of a million views ....

      Delete
    7. I should get too a 1/4 a bit quicker.

      Delete
  2. I agree with what you about killing that journalist. It just seems pretty spiteful to kill someone who has nothing to do with this conflict. I think your Micro Gods would definitely be better Gods to worship, namely because they never get too big for their boots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over the past few weeks I tried my best to convince the world that there is a way to solve all our problems... Nobody listened.
    The only way to solve wars is to air drop a fleet of bacon butty vans into the middle of the troubles.
    Nothing stops stops folks in their tracks like the smell of frying bacon... and those who don't eat pigs can have toast with loads of butter in exchange for their guns.
    Nobody can resist the smell of toast with loads of butter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read you post and it is very true even though you wrote it in 2011 it is as relevant today as it was then. And with the added bonus of my well thought out comment it now has extra gravitas for those sceptical folk who still think the world is round (sorry I mean flat). . . . maple syrup on bacon is rather good at times of serious wars such as now.

      Delete