Saturday 16 August 2014

A look back to events three years ago. . . .Things change



Today I have managed to draw a picture but have not had time to write a single word for the blog so to get round this terrible event I have decided to repost the events from my diary from the 16th August 2011. A time when it was not read much and I still lived with the Dream that the very nice Steven Spielberg might turn up. This was before the very nice Steven Spielberg dashed my hopes against the sharp rocks of disappointment and stabbed me with the pointy sticks of failure and obscurity.  . . . . . . It's OK I bounce back everytime much to the annoyance of the very nice Steven Spielberg.



It has been one of those non days yet again this is not good near the end of book one. But it’s what happens in real life, it has moments like that. Quite a lot of moments like that as it happens. One thing I have learnt from the Ghost Writer is that exciting lives are not exciting all the time and some perceived exciting lives are actually somewhat pedestrian. Particularly if you are in fact a pedestrian.

Mercedes has spent the day in the woods leading a protest group against Jims filming. The group which mainly consists of a rag-tag collection of slightly uninteresting mammals are demanding equal rights in the docu-film and say it is unfair that the vast majority of their appearances so far have been as dinner for something a bit bigger; or more interesting.  She has been a little disappointed so far by the lemmings who she said seem to follow anything and who stupidly followed a rock over the edge of the cliff face. Jim said if was great action movie material all the little lemming clutching their protest banners and screaming as they fell into the abyss. Which was entirely the opposite effect of what Mercedes wanted?

 Mum has explained to Mercedes that left wing politics is full of such dilemmas and the idealist principles of left wing philosophy always go wrong for some reason, history is full of such events from the early days of communist Russia and China to the commune society of the sixties etc, to Uncle Franks revolutionary march on the tea shop in 1974 which ended in broken tea pots and Uncle Frank’s picture on the front page of the national newspapers wearing only an old university tie. Uncle Frank still insists on showing it to the nurses at the home

Pirate Pete is collecting together all his belonging for his new epic adventure at sea and we have had a message that a Pirate ship has anchored in the bay by the Spy Glass Inn on the island in the lake in the park in town. if by any chance you are thinking where, what etc, it’s a long story and best if you return to page one of the book again and take notes. To tell the truth I should have done that as I really don’t know what’s going on anymore, which is what the Ghost Writer says when he returns from his grey office. 



Back to now

Sorry half of you are well confused now but three years is a long time stuff happens.



5 comments:

  1. As soon as mY AppleTV finishes updating itself I am going to try using mY teleBision to read Your blog post. Perhaps that is the main sign of the Singularity when things continue to improve themselves over the wire and through thin air, at least for now they ask permission before upgrading software. Perhaps someday soon it wiLL be "s0ftwhere" as an implied dark dark question.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a cool picture - did You pose for it in Outer Space? I sup-pose-d that You did.

      Delete
    2. The picture started as an unknown, I have lost my way a bit at present so both writing and drawing are both starting from an old battered but entirely blank mind. . . . . . . I think my brain requires some of that upgrading software. I guess a bit of imaginative flare will return soon. . . .Well I hope so or the blog is in trouble....

      Delete
  2. It seems that your diary has evolved somewhat over time. These days there's less instances of your mum calling you an IDIOT, and more coverage of aliens in our sporting events. While the content may have changed, the spirit remains. I wonder what this place will look like in three years time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect in three years time I will have lost the plot entirely and everyone will call me an IDIOT in the flesh.

      I do need to get back to the original concept a little, but I only have so many ideas in my brain. And the brain is very slowly but surely packing in. . . . Damn this limited Organic Packaging us human have.......

      Delete