Tuesday 31 December 2013

The Traditional Rob Z Tobor End of the Year Post . . . .(well it is Now)

I know this is what I wrote last year but it is now going to be the new, New Years Eve traditional post until I forget that I have one, which may be next year or next week......




So here we are on the last day of 2014 and we all know what that means, it means folk standing out on street corners shouting and letting off fireworks hugging strangers as they pass and singing that old traditional Scottish song that no one knows the words too. But luckily most folk are a bit merry and will not be aware that instead of singing the correct words they are singing



Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never mmmmm to mmmmm?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne!

Chorus.-
For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne.
We'll mmmm  o' mmmm mmmm,
For auld lang syne.


which sort of shows that folk don't really know the words


Then everyone will repeat this until they get bored and spot an urban fox chasing a pigeon, where upon the masses will abandon singing Auld Lang Syne staggering about in a mad linked hands sort of dance and chase the fox shouting

I’ll CATCH AN URBAN FOX MY DEAR,
IN A DUSTBIN AT IKEA
I’ll CATCH AN URBAN FOX I BET,
PUT BUTTER IN HIS EAR

BUTTER IN HIS EAR MY DEAR,
PUT BUTTER IN HIS EAR
We’ll CATCH AN URBAN FOX AND THEN WE’LL GET
SOME BUTTER IN HIS EAR

O yes they all know the words then

So I have left a message with the foxes to avoid large crowds of people who look happy and not to spend the night raiding the Swedish meat balls in the bins of IKEA. And don’t go anywhere near people with tubs of butter

I would like to wish everyone a jolly happy new year and if you live in the UK I believe New Years Day is due to be stormy,  not sunny like this year (was it sunny I better check)



If you do need to sing and chase urban foxes then here are the words to Auld Lang Syne rather than a foxy based one which would be a bit of a give away…..


Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And auld lang syne!

Chorus.-For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne.
We'll tak a cup o' kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.

And surely ye'll be your pint stowp!
And surely I'll be mine!
And we'll tak a cup o'kindness yet,
For auld lang syne.
For auld, &c.

We twa hae run about the braes,
And pou'd the gowans fine;
But we've wander'd mony a weary fit,
Sin' auld lang syne.
For auld, &c.

We twa hae paidl'd in the burn,
Frae morning sun till dine;
But seas between us braid hae roar'd
Sin' auld lang syne.
For auld, &c.

And there's a hand, my trusty fere!
And gie's a hand o' thine!
And we'll tak a right gude-willie waught,
For auld lang syne.
For auld, &c.



All the best for 2014.

.

10 comments:

  1. A Happy New Year Everyone particularly members of RATs (you know who you are).

    I hope 2014 is a year of many goods things for lots of folks and that all the politicians smile and do their bit for those who cant.

    And everyone is happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have just returned from taking the cats for a walk, they do not like going out at night because there are things in the shadows. It is a dark clear night with loads of stars although strangely there is still drizzle in the air. The cats were not entirely happy outside due to the distant chanting, I think it must be Zombies in the woods or some such thing and there was also a humming which Mr Jones says is Aliens.

      So it appears all is normal for the years end which is now less than one hour away....

      Delete
    2. Well that was the most interesting start/end to a year ever . . . . One distant firework and then five hundred or so pheasants stampede out of the woods making a noise like a heard of banshees . . . . . . .Well Cool

      Delete
  2. Are you drinking? It appears you have the wrong year: "So here we are on the last day of 2014 ..."

    I haven't suddenly been in a coma for 365 days, have I to wake up on Dec 31st 2014? Now I am getting scared ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I do sometimes get days wrong, so I may well have go the year wrong . . . . . But I think I should just shout . . .WHO am I, Where am I . . . . . . .WHO said that, I deny everything. It was him who chopped down the Cherry tree. . . . . It appeared to work last year. . . . . Happy 2015 Mr ESB...

      Delete
  3. Hey Rob,

    What the fox? Great and now I have that crazy song rattling around in my head.

    Welcome to 2014 as opposed to 2013 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know that right now the weather is rotten, windy and wet and in between even windier and wetter, with the odd break for some rain and wind. In other words not very nice. I am glad I do not live where it floods badly although the front lawn is now two inches under water. Luckily the field next to us is several feet lower than the house so we are always going to be OK . . . I HOPE?

      Delete
  4. Happy New Year!
    I never sing that song on New Years, mostly because I don't even know how it goes. Instead I sat in the garden of my sisters new house and watched everyone else's fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Miss Laura. All was quiet here except for the mass of pheasants that took fright from the distant bang. I cant blame them folk have been shooting at them a lot lately, and it was rather comforting to know so many of them were still alive and hiding in the woods.

      Delete