Thursday 21 November 2013

The Funeral of Mr M and the Kala Kar

Sadly it was the funeral of our old friend Mr M and despite the fact he really only had the one son who could be there as a direct family member a lot of his friends managed to make it. It was an odd sort of funeral as his son has always been convinced that Mr M was a hardened Buddhist, but he was not really and would have been happy to have a bit of everything on the grounds that would cover all the options once he arrived where ever we arrive. We then went off to the after funeral reception where we ate a bit of food chatted about Mr M and the old days and some of his mad exploits and trying to work out where he hid the gold in the garden which he did years ago to avoid tax. Although doing this while being rather merry is a bad move as it then leads to years of digging holes looking for it again but failing.




After a rush home and feeding the cats we then rushed off again to team up with Mr Charlie and Miss Jane (who were also at the funeral) for an Indian meal in Montgomery, where we discussed many things including old bird cages and the making of small cardboard birds.  The last small cardboard birds were faulty and I now have decided to start from scratch again and make a Mk2 small cardboard bird design, although I now have to make twice as many as Mr Charlie and Miss Jane wish to have one or two for their cage.  They told the chap at the Indian that I am a great artist and although I agreed and said I was I also had to point out that I was a very modest great artist so I seldom tell people, he (the chap from the Indian) then said that I was a KALA KAR which is apparently an artist in Indian so WELL COOL.

Last night the weather was very windy and we found ourselves battling along some tiny roads in the dark as we were out visiting friends for a meal last night also. I know it sounds like we are out all the time having a good time, but this is not true as we are not out that often or my diary would be really exciting which it is plainly not.  And as a result of a bit of wheeler dealing I am now the proud owner of a big posh camera, the main drawback of which is I now have to learn how to actually take a picture with it.


I was also planning to tell you more about the conversation between the shop assistants on how to stab people and what is the right type of knife to use, but it is very late and it has been a long long day…..  

6 comments:

  1. Well I could do with some stabbing tips, so be sure to post them up soon.

    I'm glad the funeral went okay though. I hope things get back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a little concerned about normal at present it appears to be hiding........

      Delete
  2. What model of camera is your posh unit?

    We are eating pork chops tonight. It has been rather cold, about 24 F this afternoon and s'pposed to go down to 23 and snow some.

    I have been thinking about your ordeal with Mr M and hoped you have been doing okay.

    Cooper and I finaLLy got to move back home yesterday as the other house (where we were staying) now has gas service finaLLy for heat and we are glad my son and his dog have a place to live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The camera is a Nikon D70s Mr ESB bought for £180.00 although I have not got a clue if that is a good price or not as I trust the seller.

      Delete
  3. Glad everything went okay Rob. I went out last week which is very unusual for me as I never venture out beyond Sainsburys and/or the comic shop. It's a very scary world out there - full of people and things that you have to pay for them if you break them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling Mr H and with Christmas not far away it is going to get worse for a fair few weeks now too

      Delete