Friday 15 November 2013

The Birds, the Bird Cage and the Hubble Traveller.

It was coldish today although not as cold as yesterday, this allowed me to leap into a muddy hole and also wave a pointy stick about in a moderately enthusiastic way. I have also started to make a small flock of cardboard birds and have some special paper to cover them in; this is I have been told magic paper and the small cardboard birds will be capable of flying once complete. So I have obtained a suitable bird cage that was taken from a Moroccan palace deep in the High Atlas Mountains by a traveller many many years ago and has been hidden away in a secret place far from prying eyes as the prince who owned the cage, who was not amused and threatened the humble traveller who ran of with it with a fate worse than death. I once went to a village fate myself that was like that so I can understand why the humble traveller hid the rather posh bird cage.





In a moment of rash madness this morning before my brain had entirely got to working speed I volunteered to stick my head into a sewage system to give my expert opinion tomorrow. Folk know that I tend to have a weakness for deep dark muddy holes, but just maybe I might have made a mistake as the other chap who was asked ran off screaming saying o god no not that one again. I will no doubt report back tomorrow, although it should be remembered I am no longer writing my diary everyday despite what it may look like superficially on the surface. 



.

8 comments:

  1. Interesting pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have long learnt it is best to create all your own images for your own blog. Luckily this is something I can do. The reproduction of my images is however restricted to fellow members of RATs only and becoming a member of RATs is far from easy with its rather strange selection process.

      Delete
    2. Yes, it's true, you have to be rather strange to be a RATS. Ordinary strange is probably not acceptable. Strange is 4/7 rats and rather is half rat.

      Delete
    3. You are indeed correct Mr ESB. A point well made.

      Delete
  2. I ordered special paper today. It is 16" wide by 100 feet. I have a few beautiful photographs to get printed. I don't see any birds in the photographs but that is rather deceptive because each photo is of a huge portion of the outdoors and there are bound to be a few birds hidden in the distance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sounds like an interesting little project, I hope it all goes to plan. Maybe you can do a re-enactment of the film Blow Up searching for small birds.

      Delete
  3. Small cardboard birds are my favorite. They hardly ever poop on my things, or attempt to poke my eyes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the only type of bird allowed in the house at present for similar reasons. Although British birds are friendlier and tend not to poke the eyes out of people, OK crows do and seagulls and probably eagles a bit

      Delete