Sunday 10 November 2013

Birthdays and other things

It has been a sunny day and although now dark the sky is still clear and the stars and half a moon are up in the night sky, I suspect someone has pinched the other half.  I noticed that India sent a rocket to Mars the other day (I cant remember if I mentioned it or not) and I have seen various comments floating about in cyberspace saying that the Indian Mars Mission is remarkably cheap in comparison to previous ones. It made me think that maybe what we need is some sort of competition like the one the Wright brothers won when they flew their helicopter over the Statue of Liberty in 1907.  We need some sort of competition to make a rocket to go to the moon, say for less that price of the average car or even  made out of an average car.



Earlier today we were at a surprise birthday party for Mr D who was 40, it was a good party and everyone had a great time and loads of good food. We left a bit early because we needed to go and see Mr M who continues to battle away poking his imaginary pointy stick at the gods to fend them off a little longer.  However since I started writing my diary many odd little coincidences have happened and I suspect that tomorrow may see yet another one. As many of you know my diary has several locations in cyberspace including my blog which is a bit like Captain Kirks Ships log on the Starship Enterprise and tomorrow’s blog post will be the 1000th one. In blog terms this is quite an achievement (well I think so), but I can’t help but think this is going to coincide with Mr M finally loosing his battle with the gods.


If anyone is wondering about my picture tonight it is a long story but I now have to master drawing President Putin. Most of you will think WHAT but someone will not and he knows who he is. . . . . . .   

8 comments:

  1. Hopefully the big (or should that be BIG) 1000th will be of a happy note and Mr M will get to read it!
    I remember watching an episode of Top Gear where they tried to send a Robin Reliant into orbit by sticking to a rocket... it almost worked as well so I reckon if a couple of middle aged idiots can nearly do, it should be possible.
    good luck with the 1000th. I will be eagerly waiting to sign up for obligatory commemorative coin/stamp collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that Top Gear show I was rather impressed by their effort. It was achieved with the help of a load of Northerners. . . . .

      Delete
  2. Wow and tomorrow be blog 1000. You are prolific. That Indian probe to Mars, not Uranus, which would be quite the probe, cost about 70 million quid.

    I can bear to look at your photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am just mad Mr G rather than prolific.

      Delete
  3. 1000 Blog posts? That's absolutely amazing mate, and here's to another 1000. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

    As for the picture *rubs hands with glee*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have not forgotten about the picture it will happen in the end (not quite yet)

      Delete
  4. The most important thing to do when drawing a realistic Putin is to put in Putin. Hahahahaha - sorry, I am slightly sick and it is keeping me awake way too long ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just wondering what you would put Putin in, would Putin be put in a pot.

      Delete