Monday 30 September 2013

China and sore thumbs

I have noticed that from time to time my blog has been read in China, there are a lot of folk in China, and it is a huge place with strange interesting cultures and strange interesting politics. You see China like all so called super powers has a paranoid political system. Now if you are reading this in China I am not being nasty because it is the same in Russia, America, Britain and Europe . . . .  It is the way of world politics.

The reason I bring this up is because I am the Slightly Eccentric Child of Cyberspace with a cyberspace based diary in several locations and it is interesting from time to time to try and work out who reads my diary and how easy it is to find my diary. So it was with great interest that I have noted that if I use a Chinese search engine to look for myself, I don’t appear to exist. Well that is not very nice. I now have to work out why the powers that be in China don’t like me, I am surely not a subversive dissident, well I don’t think I am, I have been known to grumble a bit OK quite a lot. Some think it is because my diary makes little if any sense in English and so in Chinese it might look WELL COOL, but in terms of rational reasoning with a good sub-plot where Mr Jones finally reveals he is in fact the very nice Steven Spielberg casing the diary prior to making an offer I can’t refuse . . . . . . . . Sadly NO.



I will say that one thing China is good at though is making stuff they do some seriously good quality products these days and I would recommend everyone wanting large volume and a decent price to consider some of their reputable well established companies . . . ... Do you think I might get a mention in a search engine now … OOOOooooooo go on….

I slightly singed my thumb today which for a short time was a bit sore but is OK now, I also did some scavenging and got four metal framed tables which are part of a cunning plan in recycling. What is rather annoying is at present on TV there is a program where a chap is making a super beach hut with recycled stuff. Fine but he turns up with bits of oak from the hulls of ships and aeroplane parts and old scaffold poles, now old scaffold poles are like gold dust in a place with no gold dust and a mad lady with a vacuum cleaner. So great, but us normal chaps have to run off with a large vegetable oil tin from outside the local takeaway and rusty tables with chipboard tops that need burning, resulting in a slightly singed thumb.

As the old Chinese saying goes . . . . . . .  Do not look at what you see, but see the possibilities of what you look at.


I am good at making up old Chinese saying . . . . . 



.

13 comments:

  1. You are an irregular old Confused Us, and of course you know I mean that in the nicest way possible. I didn't notice any Chinese writing in the picture of the bottle. I was trying to figure out the middle language thinking it was Arabic but got nowhere, then I realized it might be Urdu, yes, it is Urdu. I rarely do encounter Urdu, its usually Arabic when it looks Arabic-ishly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the bottom line is Bengali.

      Delete
    2. Ah yes the picture is a large empty tin, that I thought might be useful. Which makes your second comment very profound as it was outside a local Indian restaurant.

      I am keen on scavenging useful stuff at present to make things.

      Delete
    3. I was intrigued by the picture too. The three languages printed on the 'empty tin' are Hindi, Urdu, and Bengali/ Bangla. For a minute, I thought, you were going to share a secret recipe.;)

      Delete
    4. So you are redoing something written in Urdu? Or as R2D2 would say, "So U R Re-Urduing something written in Reboot?" To which you would reply "Zero". I am off to build something even though it is late. Another day of tutoring in Assembler, and yes, we had fun.

      Delete
    5. Hello Neer glad to see you still reading, you will note you are still on the list of favourite blogs. But I must admit I am still rubbish at reading stuff. I spent to much time writing this blog.....

      Hello again Mr ESB two very clever people in the same comment sequence. I will start to feel like a mad intellectual soon . . . . .WELL COOL

      Ah hang on is WELL COOL a good start to my new image....

      Delete
  2. I wish you had been talking about Japan rather than China. I have a whole list of Japanese puns just waiting in the wings. I could have called you a Japanese Boy, or said that I think you're turning Japanese, I really think so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont possess the song about turning Japanese, but I do have a couple of Japanese LPs and one by China Crisis. . . .

      Delete
  3. I am having severe problems with Blogger forcing me to login almost constantly anytime I try to do anything on their system. What is your eXperience? This just started about a week ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not having problems with Blogger Mr ESB.... But Blogger is part of the Google empire I think, and I use Google for most things other than the operating system; and as you know I am an Windows XP man. I think there is a subtle software battle going on these days and sneaky pressure being put on folk to go for the entire package rather than pick and mix software options....

      Delete
  4. I had to read the comments above before making my own pun.... here goes....


    With your sore thumb and all things Chinese - you could say you have......... wait for it....... CHINA IN YOUR HAND!!!!!!!

    HHAAAAAA-hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that this pun makes no sense whatsoever, but it's been a long day and sometimes a weak pun is better than no pun at all (although this is not always the case!) :O)

      Delete
    2. :) . . . . . Sorry I did read this Mr H but forgot to add a comment . . . I do that sometimes

      Delete