Thursday 16 May 2013

Neil Armstrong and the slightly faulty space suit


Today has not been that exciting, it is as I have said before not easy to do exciting stuff every single day so sometimes it is best to go off on a tangent and look at other events that might be of more interest.  I think it is very likely that all humans have days that are not exciting, I bet Neil Armstrong’s diary was dead exciting as he went to the moon and back but even he would have times when he was not doing exciting things. Writing . . .  

‘got up, had breakfast took the dog (Mandy) for a walk, tried on space suit ate dinner, tried on space suit again went home fed dog, dog wagged tail but chewed hole in space suit . . .’

 It's OK, but let’s face it not the sort of stuff folk want to read, they want to know about the aliens on the moon and the hand to hand combat with huge moon monsters and how he managed to hold his breath for three hours after finding a hole in his space suit made by a dog. I can remember him climbing down those steps onto the moon, and then saying in a slightly hesitant way “That's one small bite for Mandy and one giant hole for man. . . . . . . .AH DAMN”.




So you see I am at the stage in life where dogs are chewing holes in my space suits and have made my moon trip to fight moon monsters even trickier than it was going to be. However to resolve this I have been out to draw a selection of possible monsters I could fight back here on planet Earth that might make interesting reading at some point in the future if all else fails (like the space suit). OK my battle with the fly might not last long unless I can convince dad to make a thirty foot high steam powered hydraulic nano technology controlled  man eating fly with pointy teeth and a buzz ray that can destroy cats (sorry I think I mean destroy buildings).

OK I am off now

Oooooo yes Sooty the cat has taken to sleeping on the ceiling at night but no one knows why, very odd.    

9 comments:

  1. Yes the wit is still there.
    I loved this just imagine if the real Neil Armstrong had a faulty space suit,
    Oh and my cat used to sleep on top of the wardrobe........then jump on the bed in the middle of the night.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i havce a similar problem with the cat leaping onto the bed in the middle of the night. But at least it means I know my heart is OK.

      Delete
  2. Maybe there's something in the catnip, other than...er catnip. I mean that stuff is like the crack cocaine of the feline kingdom. Before they passed away, my cats Speedy Tomato and Nostradamus, used to climb the walls after rolling around in it...quite literally.

    Flies are a nuisance at best Rob Z. I'm gonna need a much bigger roll of newspaper, to swat a thirty foot high steam powered hydraulic nano technology controlled man eating fly with pointy teeth and a buzz ray. Preferably one reinforced with steel. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are clever little beasts flies as soon as you hit one with a rolled up newspaper any others suddenly hide.

      Speedy Tomato and Nostradamus, Miss Lily those are interesting cat names.

      Delete
    2. When I was a kid, my mother got to name our first two cats. After Fluffy and Tabby, I decided to get a bit more creative when I had my own pets. I also had a bird called Captain but he was not of the high seas. :)

      Delete
  3. Wouldn't wanna meet that fly. As to the cat sleeping on the ceiling, that's a bit peculiar. Mine haven't done that yet, but there is still time, I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Laura sorry in the delay in getting back, the world is full of stuff I need to do . . . . Sooty the Cat is getting odder by the day, and I agree about the fly it might be a bit big.

      Delete
  4. Yes, a man eating a fly can be terriflying, but if he has some terror yucky sauce it doesn't taste as bad which is better than sweat and sewer sauce most any day, nano techknowlowgeewhiz or no nano techknowlowgeewhizardry. Oh wow, I just realized that I slept from 11:30 AM to 5:00 PM, I now wonder what time zoned I should have been in to equal other normal sleepy peopley, my first guess might be Bangledashboard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooooo time zones are all very confusing I have worked out that if I stay in one place and don't look at any clocks I am OK.

      techknowlowgeewhizardry is a great word Mr ESB I will do my best to remember it for the future, although my brain is not good on remembering stuff.

      sweat and sewer sauce reminds me, I need to go and look at the Zombie defence ditch as it may be working correctly again with luck

      Delete