Friday 15 March 2013

The paperless society and bi-planes


Tonight may or may not be a two part adventure because in a short time I am off to a preview at an art gallery and then heading onwards to have an Indian meal at the Indian restaurant in Monty. So time is of the essence, I am not sure what that means and if I had more time I might even look it up but I don’t so . . . . . .  Back to the point.

For reasons I do not understand me and my class were told we are going to use a fancy all new online database that will make our school paperless, I see the demise of the paper plane which would be terrible, it’s a tradition handed down through generations of bored and distracted children. What will become of the traditional Wright’s double fold bi-plane using two sheets of A4 quality 80gm paper, these skills are not written down (excuse the pun) but need to be shown to the new first years at the start of the academic year. Without paper the skill of this paper plane as it glides across the class room to your mate with the answer to question six in the maths exam will be lost within a single generation. We need traditions like this to continue or the world is doomed and becomes a sadder place.



AH DAMN that is not entirely what I was planning to write about and time has sort of run out so I better go…….. I reckon I might have five minutes to draw a picture so if it looks a bit Rolf Harris can you tell what it is yet . . . . . .its a time thing.    

9 comments:

  1. A paperless society would be absurd. How are we supposed to follow paper trails, have paper-thin walls, or play Paper Mario? They haven't thought it through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Mr Addman missed you, foolish chap that I am. Paper Mario is that where you burn paper and see if you can create white smoke.

      I need paper or I will have problems drawing my pictures for the blog, I believe i can do this using technology but paper and my trusty camera are much easier.....

      Very sorry about the delay in responding, I was trapped under a mountain of paperwork . . . . . HAH HAHAH HHAHAHH HAH HAHH HAH HAHHHAH HAH HAH HAHH HAHA no sorry that is a lie

      Delete
  2. A paperless society would mean the end of paper airplanes, paper machetes, paper mache, and maybe even the pope simply because the word pope looks like paper trimmed slightly. It would mean that trees would grow back too fast and start eating children who wandered into dark forests for a rest at nap time. Hah! Just as I wrote that last sentence came into the livingroom, waking up from a nap. WeLL, it is almost 1 AM here. So some creatures are napping.

    My Arduino arrived today and I have been having fun. The only thing I truly dislike is the red breadboard that came with the kit. It is veRy difficult to see where things go, hmm, the breadboard on my circuit training kit was white and veRy easy to see the component connections. I think I wiLL just have to buy a new white one to replace it, and get a larger one at that. I have been working on it since the afternoon and I have done seven out of 14 eXamples that come in the box kit, as weLL as adding a few features, combining things from multiple projects. I think maybe the photo sensor has been the most interesting project so far. WeLL, I must or need but don't desire, sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the colour Mr ESB, or color as you are in Texas it is one of the words that has somehow changed between the USA and Britain. A red breadboard may be a way of avoiding people seeing the word bread and then trying to eat it. Although they may still think it is bread with raspberry pi

      http://www.raspberrypi.org/

      Delete
    2. I think the raspberry pi looks fascinating. I wiLL probably buy one soon. I wiLL just have to see what happens neXt on this ... I just realized something: I see pie in epic. Hahahahaha hahahahaha
      That was strange, I tried to write hahahahahahahahahaha

      Delete
    3. I tried to write eight ha's in a row and it speLL checked with auto correction as hahahahaha hahahahaha. Oh, sorry, that was 10, not 8. I can't do any comment editing today because of bubble mode has struck again ...

      Delete
    4. That bubble mode of yours is certainly very strange. I was not sure if you had heard of the Raspberry Pi or not, it was designed to give people the opportunity to learn basic programming in places like schools and the like.

      When I write hahahahahahahahahaha I tend to close my eyes and just go HAH HAH HAH H HAAhah h hah hahahah haha hah hah hah ha hahaah a lot and hope for the best.

      Delete
  3. And what about spitballs, flicked from the ends of rulers?? What has this world become?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Quite Miss Lily but one or two might argue that is one of the main reasons to move towards the paperless society.

      It is interesting because this blog is read all over the world and only the British I feel will understand your little comment. Some things are not international customs, maybe we should lobby to get spitballs into the Olympics us Brits would win all the medals.

      Delete