Saturday 2 March 2013

the Impenetrable Defence Trench and Rose's Pawn Shop


Well it has been a lovely day today, in fact it has been the sunniest day of the year so far, something I can say with a certain degree of certainty because the solar panels on the roof has generated just under eighteen kilowatts so far today and although the sun is now vanishing fast at the time of writing this are still producing about 300 watts.

As those of you who read yesterdays diary entry will know we were off out at a musical shindig last night with Mr Charlie and Miss Jane in was in the Priest Weston village hall, now this is not a large village hall and Priest Western itself is a tiny place up on a hill accessible by little single track roads. The parking for the village hall is the farmers working yard opposite the village hall, so we were not sure what to expect really, because it is hardly the sort of venue frequented by major touring bands. But it was a really great evening; the band, called Rose's Pawn Shop, play country rock and had flown in from California only 48 hours earlier and this was their first UK gig (I think). And I have to say they were one of the best bands we have heard in years, and as dad is really old he has been around for loads of years. So I will say if you get a chance to go and see Rose's Pawn Shop play then it is well worth while, dad even bought their CD’s and he is well mean normally.



Their web site is Rose's Pawn Shop


Also in passing I mentioned I was digging a defensive trench to keep out zombies (you cant be too cautious with zombies) well I was back at it again today at first these things look like fun but then you realize that a defensive trench to stop zombies is trickier than it looks, although there is no denying that zombies are not the brightest sparks in the world. But they are persistent little beasts and you can’t rely on a dog eating them, as the dog says himself, he only likes the chewy ones, and the crunchy ones and those with creamy centres don’t taste the same, so he has a habit of ignoring those ones. I also did some clever engineering with the deep dark damp muddy hole which still needs loads of work doing on it but we are all sticking our fingers in our ears and going LA LA LA LALA LAL ALLALLLALALLLA a lot. OK yes I connected the long defensive trench to the dark damp muddy hole . . . . .AH YUCK, well no zombie with any sense is going to attempt to cross over that defence trench it is almost impenetrable.

You notice I said almost this is because when I was building it and then connected it to the dark damn muddy hole I discovered I was in fact  on the wrong side of the impenetrable defence trench which had two cats looking at me and meowing because they wanted food on the other side. So I was forced into crossing the impenetrable defence trench which was not nice and I got a bit muddy and manky . . . . YUCK, mum said IDIOT and dad turned the hosepipe on me although he did say he thought I was a Zombie with a soft creamy middle what with the smell and the mud. 

OK that’s it I am off now to do nothing . . . . . . 




5 comments:

  1. You have me giggling joyously.
    I hope I won’t fall into your trench the next I come to BC in the dark. I don’t like muddy with soft centres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you found my daily diary entry amusing. It is all part of writing what happens in the world, it makes it easy to find out what I was doing many moons ago, although to the untrained eye it is tricky to Interpret precisely.

      silly keyboard . . .

      Delete
  2. Are you sure a trench will stop zombies? I have my doubts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so as long as they don't have access to trench coats . . . . . HA HAHH HAH HAH HAH HAH AHH AH HAHH AH HAHH HAH AH HAH HA

      Delete
  3. If the impenetrable defence trench is impenetrable, then how did you cross it??

    ReplyDelete